CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: coconut oil tastes a tiny bit soapy or something

awebaby Views: 4,625
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,010,586

Re: coconut oil tastes a tiny bit soapy or something

You're right - I do think it is a taste that is coming from the oil itself and it is kind of unpleasant - (the first oil I got in Whole Foods was delicious). I' am just wondering if this is common or not. It also has the same smell when I use it for cooking. made some popcorn last night with it.

Just trying to find out because I may want to return it as I bought a whole gallon.

I read an article in the New Yorker about a month ago that was an expose of the corruption of the olive oil industry - apparettly there was a lot of fake olive oil finding it's way to the shelves that was other oils that had been doctored up with colorings and flavorings to make it look and smell like olive oil. So I thought well if they were doing it with olive oil they might do it with coconut as well.

I may be just a suspicious and paranoid kind of personality due to a lack of coconut oil in my dieat though.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)