CureZone   Log On   Join
Mirena IUD Side Effects

turtlemom95 Views: 106,709
Published: 21 years ago

Mirena IUD Side Effects

I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems with the Mirena IUD that I have experienced.

I had the IUD inserted on May 23, 2003. It is now 3 months after the insertion.

I went back to the doctor on June 20 to have it checked (their normal practice.) At that time all, appeared fine. The only complaint I had on that 1 month check up was bleeding.

Well, here I am 2 months later (total 3 months) and I am still bleeding much more than expected. I cannot even ascertain when my last period was. I have probably had about 3 weeks of no bleeding in the entire time. This is not heavy bleeding, but still noticable and requires a tampon.

Additionally, I have had 2 other disturbing side effects. The first is vaginal dryness. It is much more difficult to become appropriately lubricated, regardless of my arousal level. The second is loss of sex drive. Every day feels like it used to the few days preceeding my period - lacking interest in sex. Previously, when I had normal clcyes, I had the expected days in the month where vaginal secretions were greater than others, but never had trouble becoming lubricated.

In the few days preceeding my period, it was less than the rest of the month, but it still did not hinder sex like is the case now. Also, I clearly had more sex drive prior to this IUD.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I am so frustrated with this I am about to go to the doctor to have it removed. I have had sex with my husband not more than about 10 times in 3 months. We cannot even consider oral sex, as I simply don't know when I'll start bleeding.

Right now, I'm having what I think might be a "regular" period. It's hard to tell because the bleeding amount and pattern is not like what I used to experience. The frustration is that I've been bleeding for 13 days with this round - so I can't tell if it's a period or not.

Anyone who has had similar experiences or has advice, please respond! Again, I'm headed to the doc to have this removed if these symptoms don't subside soon.

Thanks.

[Added by Moderator: This message was awarded BSA because there are 430 replies!]

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

1.172 sec, (2)