CureZone   Log On   Join
Issue 64: Ulcerative Colitis Cure - Vitamin E Enema & Diet

Sheldon Views: 89,802
Published: 21 years ago

Issue 64: Ulcerative Colitis Cure - Vitamin E Enema & Diet

Ulcerative Colitis Cure - Vitamin E Enema & Diet
by Sheldon Gesensway

I CURED my severe condition of ulcerative colitis over 25 years ago with a vitamin E enema you prepare yourself and diet.
My colonoscopy doctor for 20 years now recommeds the procedure to other DOCTORS.

1.Buy a 4" bulb end ear syringe the kind used to clean an ear.
A plastic extention is not necessary.A larger size syringe will provide too much air.

Pictured on google in IMAGES section.

Type in ear syringe for a picture or go to
http://www.enemasupply.com/asofenno.html Cara enema syringe 6 oz.$5.99.

Day 1 Empty 2 capsules of vitamin E into 1.5 tablespoons of distilled water (the same volume as a corticoid enema) 800 IU total. Do this by sticking a pin into the end of the capsule and squeeze out the contents. Suck up the top floating mixture (it does not dissolve in the water). I used a small tapered wine glass. 1.5 tablespoons water for all capsule levels.1000 IU capsules can be used instead of 400IU capsules.

Use as an enema but retain the mixture. Only one enema a day is necessary.

2. On the second day empty 4 capsules and repeat the same procedure.

3.On the third day, empty 6 capsules and repeat the same procedure.

4. On the 4th day empty 8 capsules repeat.
Up to this point I received no visible results.

5.On the 5th day, empty 10 capsules that’s 4000 I U of vitamin E. The following morning was the first time I saw stool form since I could remember. No blood. Controlled bowel movements. Ulcerative colitis was no longer a problem. I will advise the best procedure at this point.Your colon should heal at the 10 capsule level. I had to repeat this every day for a long time or on the 2nd day the gut would revert to its old habits. No side effects. Take the enema after a bowel movement and if possible at bedtime or in the morning and continue to lie on your side a short time to give the enema a chance to circulate through out the colon. If at first you lose some material, don’t worry you will get enough of the vitamin E to work. I kept telling the doctors at the hospital they kept smiling. Stay at the 10 capsule doses then let me know of your results and I will advise you further.
Since that time, the ulcerative colitis has never been a problem.
MY RECORDS SHOW THIS.
The vitamin E mixture used should be labeled 100% all-natural and have the formula d-alpha tocopherol with other mixed natural tocopherols and NOT dl-alpha tocopheryl or tocopheryl acetate that are synthetic. Just 10% natural and 90% synthetic can be labeled as natural vitamin E. Synthetic vitamin E is not is not very biologically active and will give a poor result if used.
I have never taken another enema or ANY medication since. At that time, I was also taking one multi vitamin & mineral table + 500 mg of vitamin C + one capsule of 400 I U vitamin E. I stopped the vitamin E soon after. I even bought a motorcycle and put 15,000 miles on it.
Remember I am only relating the facts of my experience and will be willing to answer your questions.
Please post your results so it can be of help to others.
No fruit or fruit juice. Follow the diet.
Right after a bowel movement or before bedtime is the best time to use the enema for that day. Lay on your side with knees drawn up for easy insertion remain on that side for 5 minutes than lay on your back and the opposite side for 5 minutes each.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Do not rinse the bulb after use and just clean the outside with soap and water.
You can spread a small amount of food grade vegetable oil or petroleum jelly around the tip for a comfortable insertion.
Let comfort be your guide.
THE DIET FOR THE PROCEDURE
The diet is just as important as the vitamin E enema. Vegetables have more insoluble fiber that binds stool. Fruit has more soluble fiber that has the opposite effect. No fruit or fruit juice of any kind. No frozen vegetables.
Freezing destroys the fiber structure.
It is easy to use all the vegetables. Wash them all and use part of each,keep the rest in the refrigerator. I fill a bowl 7”x 2.5” twice a day with broccoli buds, Brussel sprouts, kale, carrot, parsnip, turnip, yellow squash, mushrooms.
It is easy to prepare. Asparagus, UPPER part of stalk only, baked potato (Don’t eat first skin or the second layer just the white part), cauliflower, cucumber,onion, spinach, carrots and tapioca pudding (use in small amounts,can be made with soy milk fermented is best) are good.
Slow cooking in an oven in water in a Pyrex covered dish or in a steaming basket is best. Always drink the water which contains vitamins and minerals that were removed by the cooking water. I cook either wild caught Alaska salt water fish or salmon(sold in cans) or chicken breast these can also be cooked in the oven at the same time with water in a different covered dish.Eat sardines only the not oil.No farmed fish.
The vegetables can also be boiled. I fry using water then adding olive oil, egg whites, 1/3 cup, (sold in a carton) or whole eggs every day. Add the olive oil last. High heat destroys many benefits of olive oil.
You can use 3 eggs a week or more if you don’t have a cholesterol problem. Boiled eggs and poached are fine. Cold water fish is best because of the omega 3 oil it supplies.
Each day I have at least one or two ¼ cups of soaked brown rice (see BROWN RICE research paper 14 mon listed below) with low fat yogurt,kefir or (soymilk fermented is best),sugar,stevia is best,,unsulphured molasses and salt ( Sea Salt with Iodine added is best) are ok.If you don't eat yogurt or kefir,use a prebiotic. I cook ¾ of a cup of pearl barley(not to be used with gluten allergy)then keep in the refrigerator and use at every meal three tablespoons of barley. Be sure to eat a variety of vegetables at every meal.Each vegetable has different fibers,vitamins and minerals.
Also corn (Delmonte uses unfrozen corn). Again fresh is best only small young kernels.
It is very important to use distilled water. No cold drinks. Some bottled water is no better than tap water. I use a distiller that is sold by American Water Distillers sold for $99. Type in distiller in the search window of google.
What I remove is ½ cup of brown water from every gallon of city water and since the colon is sore it may be sensitive to these things I pull the electric plug before the distiller shuts off which saves cleaning. Drink 6 glasses of water each day (8 oz).
I can eat every thing in a restaurant now, even salads, without a bad effect. I may lose stool form (I use as the indicator) for a bad food choice. This diet is not written in stone USE OTHER fresh vegetables you may prefer or limit the grains at first. Eat comfortable portions and a variety of vegetables, each have a different fiber, minerals and vitamins. There will be an increase in flatulence until your colon becomes accustomed to the fiber in your diet. As always, any question, ASK. You should also be sure to eat egg whites or eggs twice a day and walk at least 30 minutes a day.Walking is excellent for the colon. No stressful exercise.
If you cannot follow the diet CLOSELY for a short time period to get the positive result, don’t start the procedure. THE PROCEDURE WILL NOT WORK IF THE DIET IS NOT FOLLOWED PROPERLY.Using any processed foods,liquids or herbs will re irritate the colon sores and delay healing.
The fiber binds the stool keeping irritation against the colon wall to a minimum and supplies a proper environment for the growth of good bacteria. This stops the bleeding and gives the proper fiber roughage and nutrient absorption which aids the colon in healing itself. The vitamin E works at the source of the irritation.
The above vegetables are all high fiber. You should see a positive effect in 6 days.
AFTER the procedure heals (no blood in the stool after using a fecal occult blood test sold in drug stores)you can make diet adjustments that will be right for your colon condition.Your colon will show you the best diet.There will be no future flares.
The food should be COOKED,steamed is best, but not over cooked and warm!
THE OUTER SKIN OF THE PARSNIP, CARROT, TURNIP, BEETS, POTATO and CUCUMBER should be removed.
Vegetable skins have a high concentration of fiber that can be an irritant to the colon.
A $2.50 vegetable peeler works best by removing more of the top fiber layer.
Keep me informed daily of your diet. Most poor results happen from an improper diet.
Follow the diet as closely as possible.
Remember NO fruit or fruit juice
If you try the procedure, any information sent back should be helpful to others.
The Elaine Gottschall SCD diet will not work, there are to many colon irritating foods.
If you have not been using vegetables, start the higher fiber diet by increasing the portions over a period of time.
Distilled water NOT filtered, mineral, spring, tap or bottled water.
Use reverse osmosis if necessary.
Boiled or poached eggs are OK.
One multi vitamin & mineral capsule and one 500-mg. vitamin C (ester C is best),one 400 IU vitamin E ,and one 200 mcg selenium,one vitamin K capsule every day.
Posting your results on this page will be of help to me and others.All the foods of the procedure diet are listed for each blood type.
Since this diet was chosen from my experience by chance and my blood type is 3A,
most foods happened to be beneficial to my blood type. It may be beneficial to check the foods of your procedure diet for your type blood from the blood type list.
Go to:
http://www.dadamo.com/typebase4/depictor5.pl?45
On the home page,find listing TYPEbase4Food values
Please post if you experience this information to be of value.
"http://www.naturalnews.com/Report_acid_alkaline_pH_0.html">The pH Nutrition Guide to Acid / Alkaline Balance
For an opposing view,go to
http://www.earthsave.org
Under the opening page HEALTH listing,find the listing body type fact or fiction?
After your use of the enema for two or three months and you show steady improvement, SLOWLY reduce your medication but continue the enema.
If improvement continues after two or three months,try the occult blood test which can be purchased in a drugstore for under $10.00.Type fecal occult blood test in the google search window. With a positive result stop the enemas. Your colon is healed(CURED).
No more flares. With a negative result, continue the procedure until you get a positive result.
In this case, you might test for allergies, parasites and the level of vitamins in your blood or look for under laying mental stress.These conditions can prevent healing.
Additional information at Curezone Support Forms(TOP).Form "vitamin E enema" #115
After you are CURED, try new foods one at a time.
Your colon will give you the correct answers!
Sheldon Gesensway
HOSPITAL TESTED SUCCESSFULL RESULT
For many years, there have been a small but vocal group of people advocating the use of Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) *as an enema* for the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis. Their results were all anecdotal, but exciting, and the medication-- which consisted of popping Vitamin E capsules and doing your best to emulsify with water as a carrier-- was cheap, easy to obtain, and potentially free of serious side effects (unknown).

Now a study released today actually PROVES there's significant merit in this therapy! Any weapon in the fight against UC is a big deal, and we should be thrilled at this simple but highly effective option for the more experimental colitis patients amongst us.

Be sure to note that while 100% (!) of people responded positively to the treatment after 3 months, it DID take 3 months, and they all used another pharmaceutical therapy (either 5-ASAs like Lialda or Asacol, or immunomodulators like Remicade).

Here's the study:

Rectal administration of d-alpha tocopherol for active ulcerative colitis: A preliminary report.
Department of Internal Medicine, Amir-Alam Hospital, North Sa'adi Street, Tehran 13145-784, Iran. mirbagherimd@yahoo.com.

AIM: To investigate the anti-oxidant and anti-neutrophil recruitment effects of rectal d-alpha (d-alpha) tocopherol administration on mild and moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC). METHODS: Fifteen patients with mild and moderately active ulcerative colitis were enrolled in an open-label study of d-alpha tocopherol enema (8000 U/d) for 12 wk. All patients were receiving concomitant therapy with 5-aminosalicylic acid derivatives (5-ASA) and/or immunomodulator medications. Endoscopic evaluation was performed at baseline and after 4th and 12th weeks. Disease activity was measured with the Mayo disease activity index (DAI) and remission was defined as DAI of <= 2 with no blood in stool. Clinical response was defined as a DAI reduction of >= 2. RESULTS: At the end of 12th week, the average DAI score significantly decreased compared to the beginning of the study (2.3 +/- 0.37 vs 8 +/- 0.48, P < 0.0001). One patient was withdrawn after 3 wk for being unavailable to follow-up. On the 4th week of therapy, 12 patients showed clinical response, 3 of whom (21.4%) achieving remission. After 12 wk, all 14 patients responded clinically to the therapy and remission was induced in 9 of them (64%). No patient reported adverse events or was hospitalized due to worsened disease activity. CONCLUSION: This preliminary report suggests that rectal d-alpha tocopherol may represent a novel therapy for mild and moderately active UC. The observed results might be due to the anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties of vitamin E.

PMID: 18932276 [PubMed - in process]

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.328 sec, (7)