I don't think it's possible to OD on salt. When I was in the jungle I ate the salt tablets by the handfull. Took a couple on every break.
To overload the body with salt I don't see as being harmful. Lyme disease, which is caused by a parasite, can be eliminated on a high salt regime. Bugs HATE salt. So I think a high salt diet is very beneficial. Conversly the low salt diet the medics put folks on causes many electrical (nerve) problems, especialy with the heart.
If you were wiping salt off you brow while playing golf you definately have too much in your system. Flush your liver out and try again.