CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thoughts related to God linked to altruism

AHarleyGyrl Views: 2,311
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 954,619

Re: Thoughts related to God linked to altruism

The Sociological aspect is that all humans are born Altruistic, because they do not know about greed.  Their standpoint is that all behavior is learned, except for suckling, but they say a baby would suckle a bowling ball, because all they know is the motion, that they must be taught the rest.  Once man learns greed, the Sociologists say there seems to be no turning back.  They point out tribes who never learned greed and remain Altruistic.  They say the Capitalist system by it's nature, teaches greed and if a part of that structure, there is no escape, at least from learning it, anyway.   

I think your first paragraph sums it up perfectly.  Suffice it to say that just when you think you have all the answers and things are going smoothly, you discover all the answers don't work anymore.  But, to expect Altruism within the confines of a Capitalist system, I have to agree with the Sociologists, one is barking up the wrong tree.  Your entire post can really be boiled down into one sentence, is there a God and why am I here.  No one so far has the answers;  I heard Bill Maher say that on Larry King a while back, and I believe that he and George Carlin make the most sense out of the human condition than anyone else...at least that is where I am at at this juncture. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)