CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thinking about suicide.

southern belle Views: 2,300
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 946,396

Re: Thinking about suicide.

You sound like a good friend to this person. Just be there and listen. That is very important right now. NEVER take suicide lightly. Last weekend, I heard about companies targeting young people in college. These companies actually say you don't have to pay back the money until after you graduate and you can borrow up to $40,000! Wow. How long would that take to pay back? Not needing a co-signer sounds so good to these 18-19 year olds (whose brains are not even fully developed) and they have no idea what they are really getting into and how many of these young people, 5-10 years from now, will be considering what your friend is considering now.

There are companies out there who will help reduce credit card debt. If you are in the US, a wonderful man by the name of Dave Ramsey (google him) will help, too.

As far as what happens to your soul if you choose to take your own life.....I believe there is a verse in the Bible that says, "Judge not, less you be judged." I think we are being told that there is NOT one person here on earth that has the right to judge another person....about anything. Only one person knows us inside and out and that is our Creator. So, don't worry about that. It's out of your hands anyway. Just concentrate on what you can do to make your friend's life a little brighter and show him that life truly is worth living.

Paulette

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)