CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Breast Milk

fledgling Views: 2,557
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 918,230

Re: Breast Milk

Hi, Molly,

Years ago, a friend was staying with a new mother, to help. Breast milk was slow coming in, and, in the middle of the night, baby was crying, momma was crying, poppa was beside himself, and no one could sleep.

My friend decided it was no longer good enough to stand on ceremony and politeness. She loaded up a tray with water and milk, and stuff, marched into their bedroom and commanded, "Drink."

By morning everyone was contented and peaceful.

My friend didn't usually take the bull by the horns like that, but this was one time she was very proud of herself. She had saved the day, with only common sense.

Another time, a man I knew was manager of a large supermarket. He saw a crowd gathered at the back of his store, and as he approached he could hear loud gasps for breath.

The manager strode into the crowd and grabbed a small boy by the ankles, hoisted him into the air, and shook him sharply. A large gumball rolled onto the floor. He could feel the inrush of breath right up through the boy's ankles.

In both of these cases the hero was in their early twenties, and not yet well-schooled in the ways of the world. Still, instinct played its part, and all was well.

No awards, or even much thanks, just people who don't realize they 'should' always stop and consider before they act. (Oh, sure!)

F.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)