CureZone   Log On   Join
Why People get sick during Winter

boldyloxx Views: 2,760
Published: 17 years ago

Why People get sick during Winter

Ever wonder why we tend to get more colds and flus during the late Fall and Winter months? Alot of the reason, I feel, has to do with the lack of light and color during this time of the year than during the Warmer Spring and Summer months.

This is especially the case in the Northern and North Eastern States of the US,. Alaska and Canada. It may also apply in arid desert areas where there is no vegetation or flowers (unless cactus plants are around).

During the Winter months, the sky is often overcast, the days are shorter and by the time you get out of work, it is dark outside.

Fashion color trends during the Winter months are often darker colors, black and white, or nuetral shades yet at this time of the year more than Summer, the body and eyes need to see a brighter spectrum of colors than --say-- "olive green" or "cocoa brown"

During the Winter months, they really should make clothes in bright greens, vivid blues and aquamarines, bright coral reds, etc. because the eye is deprived of most of these colors for several months. What I'll do ( to heck with Fashion trends) is mix bright colors that I like (not ones I don't) with neutral seperates. For example-- a brown pair of pants with a coral pink or aqua green shirt or sweater.

This is partly why I feel our immune systems are weaker during the Winter. We need to have the full color spectrum available to us all year long- not just in the Spring and Summer months . During the Winter, we are deprived enough of warmth and light-- even healing sound and scents that we take for granted outdoors in the Summer.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.056 sec, (1)