CureZone   Log On   Join
Vitamin C and bromism

Views: 1,849
Published: 17 y

Vitamin C and bromism

Looks to me, that lots of folks have loads of excess bromides in them, from products containing bromated flour products (bread, crackrs, pizzas, pasta, etc) and brominated vegetable oil (in beverages), and that the report at the link below suggests that Iodine can kick the bromide out. I also interpret it as meaning that some of the symptoms exhibited while their subject was under Iodine supplementation are attributable to the bromides coming out. i.e., it's not the Iodine that gave her symptoms, but rather the effects of the liberated bromide.

Soils are treated with methyl bromide, to disinfect them prior to planting, and finished fruits and vegetables are also treated with methyl bromide. My estimate is that the average person consumes between six and sixty milligrams of bromide daily.

"Elevated bromide levels were observed in urine and serum samples, twenty times the levels reported in the literature in normal subjects(8,9). Mild bromism may have been the cause of the oxidative damage to the iodine transport system and the side effects to orthoiodosupplementation. Chloride competes with bromide at the renal level and increases the renal clearance of bromide (10,11). Sodium chloride at 10 gm/day for one week resulted in marked increase in urine bromide levels, and a sharp drop in serum bromide. While on the chloride load, urinary frequency improves for the first time in 5 years, but fatigue worsened and she experienced facial and body acne. "

http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-11/IOD_11.htm

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)