CureZone   Log On   Join
Save The Internet.com site: Keeping a Free Internet

boldyloxx Views: 3,047
Published: 17 y

Save The Internet.com site: Keeping a Free Internet

There is a petition going on right now over at
http://www.savetheinternet.com
that will be going to the FCC to make them aware of public outcry against Media Mogul Giants like Verizon, etc, pressuring the FCC to increase internet tolls- pushing small grassroots websites offline forever.

http://www.savetheinternet.com/blog/

You can upload your personal photograph with your comments against this onto thier website, and add your name to the tally. The FCC will receive everyone's comments after the docket deadline is up.

Here's my letter-- I didnt upload my photo, since I can't get my digital camera to work right :-( You can read other people's comments as well on the site:

"Net Neutrality is essential to free speech, equal opportunity and economic innovation in America. Since the FCC removed this basic protection in 2005, the top executives of phone and cable companies have stated their intention to become the Internet’s gatekeepers and to discriminate against Web sites that don’t pay their added tolls.

I enjoy utilizing the internet for freely available knowledge of everything and anything I would not normally not have access to in my local media or library.

The Free Internet has enriched my life.
This removal of our Net Neutrality by the FCC has burdened me with the constant fear that one day this enrichment will be stripped away from the American people.

The free internet has provided free websites for me to learn about disease prevention and supplemental health knowledge , increase my knowledge about my government and political candidates- inspiring me to actually vote, enjoy my hobbies, inspiring creativity and interaction with people all over my Country.

The free Internet is all about Enlightenment from ignorance and helping we in the masses to form positive , constructive bonds with others in other Nations that actually act as a form of positive “ambassadorship” with ordinary Americans and our neighbors all over the Globe. It has taken away any prejudices I used to have toward other nationalities and religions.

The World is becoming more and more an enlightened Global Community, but Corporate Media Mogul greed can put an end to that and place us back into the educational dark ages. How? - by arranging the Internet so that only larger, wealthier websites can afford to remain online with the additional tolls, but the smaller Grassroots, Democracy based websites will be forced offline forever because they could not afford to remain online.

Remember the old fashioned penny candy corner store? the small town deli or local farmers market that sold pristine locally grown produce? Notice how major corporate store chains have pushed/are pushing these small farms and shops out of business. How we took them for granted, and now feel a void every time we see a strip mall with the Universal Walmart instead.

It is our fault we allowed this to happen. We cannot allow it to happen again."

Concerned Citizen

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)