CureZone   Log On   Join
RAW HONEY is NOT necessarily SOLID!

no_biz Views: 12,652
Published: 17 y

RAW HONEY is NOT necessarily SOLID!

Lately I have read in several posts, and several forums,that raw honey is always solid at room temp. I wanted to warn everyone that this is NOT an exact science!
Informations suvh as "Raw honey does not pour" are vague and can be misleading.

I live in a country that produces a lot of good quality honey. Here indeed, it is much easier to find raw honey than pasteurized honey. Heated honey is only sold in supermarkets , side to side with raw honey brands, while virtually any other store only carries raw honey.

There is a beekeeper that runs a small business selling his own bee products. He's just on the corner, and I often go to look at his work, ask questions etc.

Honey is always liquid or almost liquid when he puts it in jars. All raw honey sets and becomes thicker as times goes by.

Some types of honey will set earlier, like chestnut or sunflower, while some others, such as acacia honey, will never set that much, but just become thicker. Acacia honey when poured is crystal clear, pale golden, and absolutely liquid.

It just depends on what kind of flowers that bees got the pollen from.

On the other hand, even heated, processed honey can become solid just by adding some crystallized honey or even granulated Sugar to it and letting it set for a few weeks. It is easy to see that frauds are quite possible.

Usually taste is the best indicator of the quality of honey, so train your taste buds ,YUM.
Dishonest beekeepers may add corn syrup, but the taste of it is quite easy to recognize with a little experience.
Other good signs are irregular texture and presence of small particles, and/or wax on the surface.

Have a sweet day!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.061 sec, (1)