CureZone   Log On   Join
My doctors cure all to Fibromyalgia pain is to do more yoga

bearable Views: 2,087
Published: 17 y

My doctors cure all to Fibromyalgia pain is to do more yoga

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in December 2005 after years of trying to figure out what the terrible back,arm and other pain was coming from. When the rheumotologist said Fibro he looked at me and said you don't look suprised. Well I had done my research and basically figured it out for myself. Now a year and a half later, I have left my clerical job of twelve years and relocated just outside of Nevada. Basically as we tend to fend for our selfs with this ilness, I re established with a new general practitoner in this area. Her general concept on Fibromyalgia appears to be: You need to do more yoga and to take alieve for the discomforts. Typically on any given visit for pain, my condition has been generally dismissed as muscular skelatol pain. She gave me a prescription for amitriptaline for sleep which it does provide some relief for. However, her guarantee for pain relief from the drug is something I am still waiting to see. I recently returned to her office to discuss the disability process and she stated at my age of 39 that I would never qualify under a Fibro dx. She has also dismissed the fact that I have a seizure history, brain mass,glaucoma and the possible Arthritis she said may be in my hips. I hope to find a new provider but being from a small town will take more work or a 45 minute trip to Reno for a doctors visit. To put fuel on top of fire, after my last visit, I saw my doctor 20 minutes later at our only town grocery store.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)