CureZone   Log On   Join
Anyone thought they had MG but haven't?

bevers2406 Views: 2,495
Published: 17 y

Anyone thought they had MG but haven't?

I was recently suspected of having MG - myasthenia gravis. But I got a negative blood antibody test and nerve test. My symptom progression was: lack of feeling in the mouth, slurred nasal speech, double vision, nasal regurgitation, tingling in limbs, patchy numbness, rigid ribcage and shallow breathing, pulsating in head, arms, visual disturbances - flashing lights - at worse field of vision filled with psycodelic images, 48 hours of dilated pupils. All this took approx a week to develop, peak and then subside. In that time I had MRI of head, CT scan of head, Xray of chest, ECG and blood tests. All inconclusive. I was feeling much better, but two days ago I attempted to do things I used to be able to do. I was ok that day but since then I've been feeling increasingly fatigued. Could I still have MG despite the lack of test results? Could I have had botulism? Any other clues? My ribcage has gone stiff again - I have to loosen my bra as it's uncomfortable and I'm aware of my breathing again. My brain seems to be buzzing and I can feel I'm on tghe edge of slurred speech. I am afgraid if I don't know what I have I don't know how to deal with these symptoms - when do I press the panic button and go back to hospital? I have another neurology appointment on Wednesday, but if I keep deteriorating I'm not sure I'll last till then. Anyone any clues what might be worth investigating? Thanks. I'm 44, female and up until 3 weeks ago perfectly healthy. My speech was nasal and as if I was deaf. I have a 6 year old son and I run my own business, resting seems a good plan but will I ever get a diagnosis?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)