CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: grapefruit and phase 1 liver detox

Views: 5,046
Published: 22 y

This is a reply to # 86,793

Re: grapefruit and phase 1 liver detox

Very interesting question you've raised!

Grapefruit and grapefruit juice INHIBIT the cytochrome P450 enzymes required for phase I detoxification. These enzymes are necessary to begin the transformation of toxins into non-toxic substances that can be excreted from the body. They assist in neutralizing toxins, make them water-soluble so that they can be excreted by the kidneys, and convert them to more chemically active forms so that phase II detoxification can take place.

Dysfunction with phase I detoxification means that toxins remain stored in the liver. Phase I detoxification creates intermediaries that can actually be more damaging than the original toxins. These intermediaries must be further processed in phase II detoxification. This is one of the reasons that Water Fasting is generally not recommend...nutritional and enzyme support is necessary for phase II detoxification.

Grapefruit juice would potentially lessen the symptoms only because not as many toxins are released because they remain fat-soluble. Many of the symproms are the result of inhibited phase II detoxification. These systems need to function in a balanced way in order for complete detoxification to occur.

Lemon and lemon juice does not have this inhibiting effect.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)