CureZone   Log On   Join
Audio Embedded Yama & Niyama

Ayehasherayeh Views: 2,439
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 854,622

Yama & Niyama

Hello Yama,
I do not teach though I am around lots of teachers. 4 classes in one day is a lot even if they are not more than 1 1/2 hr sessions. You seem to be saying this is your only teaching day or perhaps you teach again but not heavy like this day?

To do demonstrations enough that one would become heavily fatigued is not good. You should have your own daily practice complete with meditation, pranayama and asanas. Allow this to be your inward practice as opposed to outward demonstration for others. It will be quite balancing for you. We believe in allowing students to perform asanas from instruction and may give some assisatnce or adjustement but demonstration is rarely necessary. It is better for the students to just 'do' and to learn balance. They as well as you as teacher need not worry so much about doing asana perfectly. Perfection comes mostly through 'doing' and little from observing.

So recommendations for yoga are simple find time to meditate daily. Try to have your own personal practice if you can before classes. Include daily pranayama exercises to build prana and perform your asanas. Be sure to include the phases of shavasan especially at the beginning and end of your practice to balance and equalize prana. I find that many do not include full phases of shavasan to cheat time and it is super beneficial.

Get away from the practice of so much demonstration in class and teach your students to focus inwardly and not have attention on outward things including other students and even teacher. Your presence as a teacher should be to always point them inwardly and not depend on external source. I feel this will help you also become more sensitive to your own self inwardly and draw closer to balance and equilibrium your self. As far as diet I am sure it is well. Stay away from tamas and rajas and heavy intake before and after your practice.

Aye.

codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject">

WIDTH="720" HEIGHT="576"
autostart="true" designtimesp="5311" loop="false">

Launch in external player or download.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)