CureZone   Log On   Join
Coconut Oil WILL Help You Lose Weight

boldyloxx Views: 8,438
Published: 17 y

Coconut Oil WILL Help You Lose Weight

I found this piece on coconut oil in the latest "First" magazine-- (5/7/07 issue) in the "Nutrition know-how" column by Anne Loiuise Gittleman, Ph.D

"Can Coconut Oil Really Help Me Lose Weight?

"I wanted to start cooking with coconut oil since I read that women who did so dropped two jean sizes in a month. But my sister says that , because it's a saturated fat, coconut oil would actually make me GAIN weight. Who's Right?"

---ALG, Ph.D responds: "You are. Even though coconut oil is a saturated fat, it's a "specialized" fat comprised of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) which have been proven to help women lose up to 40 pounds in a year. That's because MCFAs stimulate thermogenesis, the process by which the body generates energy by increasing its metabolic fat-burning rate.

For the fastest slimdown, opt for a non-copra oil(virgin oil made from fresh coconut meat), not "copra" (one made from dried meat). Since copra isn't fit to eat, it must first be refined, bleached and deoderized (labels will read "RBD") , a process that depletes health enhancing nutrients and replaces slimming MCFAs with weight sabotaging trans fats.

Simply use coconut oil in place of cooking oil, butter, margarine or shortening , or mix it in warm beverages."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boldy's experience: Whenever I have my Period, and am craving chocolate-- I make sure to beef up on the magnesium and other minerals- but I also treat myself to a cup of organic dark chocolate hot cocoa-- mixed in hot water, sweetened with Honey or Stevia, and a nice big scoop of coconut oil! The coconut oil is solid in the container but melts nicely in the hot cocoa and makes the hot chocolate taste divine!

I also like using coconut oil to fry veggies, or wholegrain french toast ;) yummm!
Between skin brushing every morning and adding good oils my diet like coconut oil, flax seed oil, mercury free fish oil, pumpkin seeds , raw nuts and sunflower seeds that I no longer have leg cramps - nor any more symptoms of leg vein pooling or pains, or even spider veins ( varicose veins run in our family and for years I always had a moderate case while my mother has an advanced condition)

I no longer use margarine, bit will occasionally will use organic butter, raw goats milk and eat free range eggs.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)