CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: High-dose chemotherapy offers no benefit against breast cancer

Elishebeth Views: 2,052
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 81,213

Re: High-dose chemotherapy offers no benefit against breast cancer

This information makes a lot of sense to me.

I had Breast Cancer seven years ago. I had a mastectomy and chemotherapy with the drugs Adriamyacin (the 'red devil') and Cytoxin. Sounds like the name of a nuclear waste dump.

At that time I didn't know anything much about alternative medical treatments, and had insurance for the first time in 20 years that covered only the regular M.D.s and treatments.

I've had so many things to deal with since the cancer - a bad back problem is much worse, chemo induced weight gain is difficult to lose, I am post menopausal at age 49, the chemo destroyed my ovaries. I developed high blood pressure and recently found out that my thyroid is not functioning and I have high cholesterol.

I'm fortunate in that I found a holistic doctor whose rates are very reasonable. I want to get as much of my body functions back under control as possible and off of prescription medications.

It's very sad to think that people like me are submitting to this drastic measure if it's not truly necessary. Sometimes the waiting line for a 'chemo chair' was over two hours at the facility I went to. The office was crammed full of people with some type of cancer.

As recently as a few days ago I was thinking that modern medicine should come first, and if I was terminal with cancer an alternative treatment would be my choice. After reading (lurking) at this site, I decided it should be the other way around. Standard medical treatments would be my LAST choice now.

~Elisheba

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)