CureZone   Log On   Join
Seborheic Ketatosos

mercury881 Views: 2,788
Published: 18 y

Seborheic Ketatosos

Hello,

Does anyone have any info on this? I'm pasting in what it is exactly...
"Seborrheic Keratoses are often confused with warts or moles, but they are quite different. Seborrheic keratoses are non-cancerous growths of the outer layer of skin. There may be just one growth or many which occur in clusters. They are usually brown, but can vary in color from light tan to black and range in size from a fraction of an inch in diameter to larger than a half-dollar. A main feature of seborrheic keratoses is their waxy, “pasted-on” or “stuck-on” appearance. They sometimes look like a dab of warm brown candle wax that has dropped onto the skin or like barnacles attached to the skin".

A doctor will remove this w/liquid nitrogen but it costs so much and usually is not covered by insurance cuz it's considered "cosmetic". I've got this on my face...it started small but is getting larger. It's of no health concern but is causing me to be extremely self-concious. Make-up does not hide it either.

I've tried to find out if there's another way of getting rid of it but have had absolutely no success on internet. And yes, this is another wonderful product of menopause. My mom also had it too.

If anyone has any information, please send it my way. Or if anyone has this and has had it removed by a doctor, please let me know the results. I've read they can grow back. Ugh!!!

Thank you.

CJ

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)