CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Allergic to Burts Bee

aunty Views: 11,050
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 7,944

Re: Allergic to Burts Bee

I know that its frustrating for you; but there is a mystery/clue in the pattern of your daughter having success for up to five months with a product, and then, later, "developing an allergen to the product for which she was not initially allergic". This points to more than product to me. An initial allergic reaction to the product would have been a better indicator of the product as the true allergen. It gets complicated with your daughter when you state that she shows signs of progress and healing with a product for up to five months; and afterwards, developes an allergen. Because this has been a pattern with several products, I would look for the common denominator in this pattern to solve the mystery; which, in essence, becomes a clue.

I've noticed that you've focused on food allergens, but you hadn't mentioned other allergens, (like pet dander, dust mites, or chlorine), in your articulation of your daughter's case. The beauty in the natural products (like Burt's Bees or others) is that they aren't symptom suppressors; and as a result, will not hide an eczema symptom (the body's alert signal to a foreign toxin). For example, my middle niece had been eczema free for 4 years. After a bout with strep throat and Antibiotics prescribed to treat it, she developed a total body eczema flareup despite the fact that the Burt's Bees cleansing regimen was still in effect. Realizing the culprit as the antibiotic, we continued with the product line (Burt's Bees baby Bee Buttermilk lotion) that had proven successful before. In addition, and to fight the itchy inflamed skin, we applied calamine lotion to cool and dry the patches. Again, her complete skin healing (from start to finish) took about two weeks.

According to your statement, your daughter has gone through several product lines where she has shown initial success; but subsequently, developed an allergen. My purpose in relaying the story of my niece is to show that the eczema manifestation may actually be the result of an undetected allergen that continues to go undetected because your focus is solely on the products ("wearing off factor") as the allergen.

The one thing that would remain constant; and despite the change in products, is the water used to cleanse the skin. If chlorine or fluoride is a part of your treated household water supply, this would serve irritating to the skin. This allergen/irritant would continuously go undetected because the products used to cleanse or moisturize the skin are seen as the allergen culprits.

Another factor that would come into play would be application of the product. If the moisturizing lotion is applied to dirty skin (skin not cleaned prior to the application), then the daily dirt, bacteria, and free radical contact made with the skin becomes a part of the product ingredient. In other words, the product becomes contaminated with the dirt, bacteria, and free radical damage. As a result, the body now reads (puts in its memory) the product as a toxin/allergen. This is why we made the habit of applying the Burt's Bees lotion to clean skin. By the way; and if chlorine or fluoride is a part of your water supply, these would also begin to taint the product ingredient. A mix of the chlorine with the lotion could definitely prove to produce a burning sensation with the mix of chemicals to ingredients. Since this burning/irritated skin is what began to develope with your daughter, you definitely needed to switch product.

The reason that I bring up daily cleansing habits for eczema children is due to the doctors' recommendations to bathe eczema children only twice a week. I believe that type of cleansing practice is what leads to product frustration; as a result of the skin's (an external organ) daily contact with elements (dirt, free radicals, bacteria).

Despite my family's success with Burt's Bees, I would be the first to tell you that not all people will have the same results. Because allergens are specific to the individual, some people may be allergic to certain ingredients within the product. What makes your daughter's case different is the fact that her allergens to the products (Burt's Bees or others) aren't immediate. Normally, if a person was allergic to the product, they would develope symptoms with immediate contact. Because your daughter has shown a pattern of latent allergens from several different products, it indicates, to me, that a hidden allergen culprit (and common throughout product change) has gone undetected. Chlorine or fluoride in your household water could be the hidden culprit; or, an airborne allergen (like pet dander or dust mites) could be the culprit.

At this point, you needed to change products; yet, you're already anticipating that the pattern of "latent allergen to product" will develope 5 months down the road. Take the clues provided in the pattern and focus on identifying the true culprit of the continued eczema suffering. Look at what has remained constant throughout the change in products. The water (chlorine or fluoride) and the air quality (pet dander, dust mites, cigarette smoke, etc.) are major components to consider.

aunty

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (3)