CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: the oil of joy

nutnberrygirl Views: 1,596
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 791,422

Re: the oil of joy

Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Just my thoughts and I am no expert, believe me!

I can relate to this passage in the old testament.

We all can relate to mourning, pain, heaviness and the bad things of this world. But if you have asked Jesus into your heart you can feel Him replace all the bad for the FEEL of beauty (contentment), and FEEL the oil of joy(peacefulness) and FEEL the garment of praise (thankfulness).  He is a warm and fuzzy God!

Oil cleanses and soothes and heals, right?  So does Jesus.  Maybe that's why I love the feeling I get when I OP.  It puts me in line with the way God wants us to feel. 

If we feel good, then we are more likely to share the good news about HIM!  AND, follow His ways.   "that He might be glorified."

PS God wants us to feel great, but he also has his rules and boundries.  The wages of sin is death.  Be a "tree of rightousness".   It's not a bad thing, really. Rightousness had gotten a bad rap.  We are all on our own path and we each fail but that is the idea.  If we were all perfect, we'd be Jesus!  God needs us as much as we need him.

ALSO, I am one that mourns, so I have to fight hard to find my oil of joy. My hope is in the day that there will be no more mourning. Can you imagine, the oil of joy covering the earth!?

Yes, I am a tree hugging, beach loving, Jesus freak! 

Kinda all over the place but there ya go trapper.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)