CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: eczema and fungal infection

aunty Views: 19,340
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 7,924

Re: eczema and fungal infection

If you're using the lotrisone, you shouldn't be using the elidel at all. In other words; for the duration of time that you are using the lotrisone, elidel should not be used. This is the recommendation by the manufacturers of the medication. This is why I made the statement that your doctor should not have prescribed the lotrisone while you're using the elidel. When he or she prescribed the lotrisone, he or she should have retrieved the remainder of the elidel from you to ensure that you would not be using these two drugs simultaneously. Simultaneously in this account doesn't necessarily mean that you are applying both medicines at the exact same moment in time. Simultaneously in this account (especially in reference to medications) refers to duration of time. Therefore, even though you have distinguished that you use one medication in the morning and the other at night, this is still simultaneous usage. Both the elidel and the lotrisone have a specific duration of time for suggested use. Currently you are using both of those drugs simultaneously in relationship to duration of time.

To contraindicate is to indicate the inadvisability of a thing. In my earlier post to you, I gave you the drug company's following recommendation regarding the use of lotrisone: "AVOID USING OTHER TOPICAL MEDICATIONS AT THE SAME TIME". As a result of this recommendation, elidel would be considered a contraindicant. As I stated earlier, lotrisone contains two medicines: betamethasone & clotrimazole. The betamethasone is the steroid component prescribed to treat the eczema. The clotrimazole component is the antifungal component. The betamethasone would fall into the same category as the elidel. They're both prescribed to treat the eczema. Because you are already getting the eczema treatment with the lotrisone, it is recommended that you cease or stop the usage of the elidel. "SAME TIME" in this case is referring to duration of time.

I gave you a list of side effects that these medications bring; yet, despite the fact that you are displaying several of the side effects (blistering, burning, dry skin, itching, peeling, skin rash, and infection), I get the feeling that you aren't making a connection between your continued suffering as a result of the use of the medication. Your skin is displaying evidence of a weakened immune system, and one of the drug recommendations from the manufacturers of elidel is that those people with weak immune systems not use the drug.

I have over 30 years of experience with eczema suffering. I know, first hand, the effects of longterm eczema suffering as a result of harmful drugs that don't address the cause and promote additional disease. I have 6 years of experience with longterm eczema freedom as a result of natural and practical alternatives to healing. I'm very familiar with both sides of the issue. I know that until an individual addresses the cause of his or her eczema, that individual will continue to suffer with eczema.

I have personally suffered with eczema on my feet that (not treated properly) led to serious fungal infections on both feet. The one remedy that brought me immediate relief and healing was actually the cheapest remedy. I soaked my feet in Epsom Salt (very warm water) twice daily for fifteen minutes. The Epsom Salt soak attacked the infection. Also during this time, I supplemented my diet with garlic pills. Garlic has natural antibiotic, antifungal, antiparasitic, and antibacterial properties. This will fight the bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infection internally. Considering the ringworm description on your feet, antiparasitic qualities of the garlic would serve you well (unless you are allergic to garlic of course).

Now because you are at the point of infection, this is where you need to focus your first attention. In other words, you need to deal with the infection before you can treat the eczema (dry peeling skin). The garlic and Epsom Salt recommendation would be addressing the infection. As you see the body begin to heal of the infection (3 days - 1 week), you can then begin to remedy the eczema. To do this, I suggest the Burt's Bees Foot Care kit. You can check this out at the following website: http://www.burtsbees.com

Because you've had a fungal infection, you will probably need to replace your shoes. I had to get rid of the shoes that instigated my original flareup. In addition, you will also need to only wear white cotton socks. If you're still coming into contact with the fungus or bacteria that promoted the flareup, then you're contradicting the work of any medication (conventional or natural) you use.

If you visit your local Whole Foods Store, you can find a variety of natural antifungal or athlete's foot creams. The above mentioned prescribed medications that you're using are extreme approaches that should be a last resort, not a first resort. At least give these basic and simple recommendations a try first to make an honest comparison. You've been suffering with this for two years. In those two years have you addressed the practical side of the issue by removing any of the shoes that now contain the fungus? Are you frequenting tanning beds while using these medications? Keep in mind that the manufacturers of elidel make this statement: MOST IMPORTANT FACT ABOUT ELIDEL - Because elidel may make your skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light, you should minimize your exposure to sunlight and tanning beds while using this product.

And again I need to reiterate the most important fact of all: March 15, 2005 the FDA issued a "Black Box Warning" for the use of elidel due to its link to cancer (skin cancer and lymphoma). They came to this recommendation as a result of suggestions made by pediatricians who had witnessed (first hand) too many children acquiring these cancers after the usage of elidel.

I was able to heal my extremely infected feet (toes distorted to twice their size as a result of the infection) without the use of those harmful medications. Now my feet show no signs of the infection, distortion or scarring. They are completely healed. The healing process (for me) was about three weeks. My feet were too painful to even walk on them. Although they were disgusting to look at, I endured the process to its completion because I knew that my body was fighting the infection. The formation of the puss is an example of the white blood cells in the fight. My goal was not to suppress the healing process. My goal was to complete the healing process. It was a rough three weeks, but me and my feet got through it. Two years of this type of suffering means that you've never addressed the cause, and that your body has not been allowed to complete the healing process. I would at least give my simple recommendations an honest try.

aunty

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.160 sec, (4)