CureZone   Log On   Join
Personal Case Study

TheSobs Views: 2,332
Published: 18 years ago

Personal Case Study

I used 1g/d krill oil, plus 10mg policosano1 1x/d (I should have known better, since recent studies indicate this is a complete sham), pantethine 300mg 2x/d, sytrinol 1x/d, plus 1 gram plant sterols 2x/d. Age 43, M, 175 lbs. Starting TC 250, HDL 38, Trig 110.

Ending TC 255, HDL 41, Trig 79. Net result was a meaninful decrease in Trig (which you'd expect from an Omega-3 supplement), no meaningful change in TC or HDL. I trusted the so-called "study" done by the Krill Oil people (which is published in a journal that also has "peer reviews" done by "ND's"). I feel quite taken by this product and the hype on the internet. Of course, the krill oil people will figure that I'm the exception, or maybe the other useless supplements somehow negated the effect of the krill oil. Suggest that anyone wait until a meaninful study is performed in a U.S. teaching hospital and published in a true peer-reviewed journal before trying this expensive and dubious product.

I start Crestor this Friday. No one wishes that Krill Oil worked more than me, I don't want to take a statin, but nothing else works except on internet testimonials and questionable "studies." This industry needs better regulation. In the meantime, let's be thankful for CureZone for allowing the truth to be told.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.074 sec, (1)