MY DAD'S PROSTATE UPDATE :) ( FLAX )

KATHIE Views: 10,641
Published: 22 y

This is a reply to # 76,152

MY DAD'S PROSTATE UPDATE :) ( FLAX )

Originally posted in cancercured@yahoogorups.com

by howdyhooty@a...

====================================

Hi again....& to those of you I have not introduced myself to until now.....

A recap on dad's story for those who may have missed it.

My dad was diagnosed late 96 with prostate cancer....psa was 15.3.

They were going to remove his prostate at Indiana University Medical Center, but once inside they saw it had spread to his lymph nodes,so we came home. I had been doing research on pca at the library for him ( before I got the net ) & we tried shark cartilage ( not benefin tho ) ...orally & rectally for 5 mos.

Bone scan later showed mets. So much for that. So dad had a turp in 8/97 & also began lupron shots then every 3 mos & is still on them.

Dad stuck with his urologist from the time of his diagnosis at Indy,& then by May/June 99 he had numbness& tingling in his legs,& they felt heavy. Dad was against seeing an oncologist & unfortunately we did not know about alot of alternatives that we do know,such as the flaxseed oil & cottage cheese...but I had read on the net that this could be spinal compression,so we drug him to the ER & they did an mri....& then an onco. Psa was 240 then!

The onco immediately put dad on chemo...novantrone & prednisone. He had novantrone every 3 weeks until Jan 00....when resting muga showed a bit of damage to heart,so they had stopped at 1 treatment short.,but is still to this day taking the prednisone.& neurontin for the heaviness in legs.

Also that summer & fall of 99 he had radiation to spine as he had much pain,& was also taking oxycodone/morphine.
Psa was down to 42 by may 00,so we went on vacation & all was going great,but then dad started having pain in back ,like kidney area,& we went to ER again & they said he had urinary infection & gave pills for that,but it did not clear up,so they sent us to a urologist here in NW
INDIANA.....& this guy could not find anything,but said it was probably the cancer,& put a stent in his ureter. That was suppose to last 3 mos at a time & get changed,but by 52 days dad could not stand it anymore,as it was still very painful & burned ....hurt to sit...so the dr took it out & said ( with his fingers crossed )
" SEE YA IN 6 MONTHS" !

He did not even tell dad to go in for a follow up or anything.....so by then we had HAD IT.......so I took him back to Indy,& saw his original uro ( professor )...& he said if it were him or his dad he would place a nephrostomy tube in the kidney to prevent kidney failure,since dad was metastatic...stage 4,& altho they could not find any stones,tumors,ect,this way if the other kidney failed,he would still have this one woking. So that was done SEPT 1st,2000.

By Oct 2000 dad got a bad stiff neck that lasted a couple weeks,so again I took him to ER & they found tumors in back of his neck that were hourglass shaped as they were very close to the spinal fluid eating away,so by Halloween oo they "tattoed" him for radiation to that area. They wanted to do 16 treaments of it,but by 13...dad was very sick from it,could not swallow or eat, lost 19 lbs in 12 days & ended up in the hospital from it...& so stopped radiation ....had to keep neck collar on..they said his neck was like a cracker.( the bones )

We were very scared.So then the onco tried a new chemo as his psa was going high again. This time was taxotere & emcyt...but dad only got 1 treatment of that as it did not seem to respond, & on top of side effects of radiation......who knows what was causing what more,or both.

So in Dec 8,00...psa was 344.,when they did chemo,& dropped to 184.. but had to stop. Again in Jan 01 onco wanted to try chemo again ... this time try the novantrone as he did the 1st time in 99 since dad did good with it,but this time onco said they would really keep an eye on his heart by doing echos every 3-4 weeks.Dad got 2 treatments & echo showed more heart damage ...but not intensive & psa was 288...& alk phos was 300... which we found out Feb 1st 2001...last month.....& this time onco told dad he should contact hospice as nothing more could be done for him. We were in shock, & dad was feling good too......so at about that time is when I stumbled on the flax & cottage cheese......& got dad on it Feb 2nd,also taking vitamin c every 2 hrs= 7 grams,& l-cystein......this was the only changes he added to his vitamins/supplements he was already taking.....then the next day I called Indy & made appt to find out about clinical gene trials or immune trials .... which I did tell the dr at Indy about the flax & CC,& he was interested enough to write this down,to look into it. Then Feb 9 dad had another nephrostomy tube place in his other kidney for the same reason,so now he has 2 urine bags he wears. In the meantime onco called us & said if we had not already started on a trial ( which they are not ready yet for a few more mos...FDA !!!! ) he wanted to try yet ANOTHER chemo on dad......velban shot chemo & emcyt chemo pills.( velban 1 x week for 6 weeks,& 2 weeks off) ( emcyt pills 5 days a week ),,but 1st drew a psa before starting this FEB 7....& psa was down to 228!!!!

That is 60 points!!! WITH NO CHEMO/ECT.......BEFORE THIS NEW ONE STARTED....IT HAD BEEN 4 WEEKS SINCE DAD HAD ANY CHEMO.......

OKAY.....STILL WITH ME?? LOL !!

Onco was rather impressed & puzzeled at the same time. We did not mention the flax oil ,ect.so dad had to get a couple blood transfusions from side effects of chemo ... dropping his hemoglobin to like 8.4....& was making breathing difficult......short winded.,after he was on chemo.By March 5th psa was 186!! Alk phos down to 186. Had to skip chemo

# 5 on March 7th as blood was low
White count was 1.6
hemoglobin was 8.4
platelets were 26.................had to get blood transfusion again for shortness of breath,from low hemoglobin on March 9,00......

Then Sunday,March 11,00 took dad to ER as he was vomiting,had a nose bleed,& chills.

I thought a reaction to the transfusion, because last Fri while getting the blood a hive popped up behind dads ear & they gave him a shot of benadryl & a cortisone shot,& it immediately went away.

While at the ER last Sunday, they did bloodwork.....(.this is 4 days after he skipped chemo last week from low blood.)...& so at ER blood was

Whitecount 4.3
hemoglobin 9.1..........( blood transfusion always raises it temporarily)

Platelets 27

They sent us home & said he was ok, but we felt relieved at
least...& then realized dad just had the flu......it is going around here......

So THIS PAST WEDNESDAY MARCH 14 ,01....( yesterday ) dad was suppose to get that chemo....BUT his blood was up EVEN MORE!!!! ( From Sunday) YIPPY!!!

White count 6.0
hemoglobin 10.2
pLATELETS 37

SO DAD TOLD THE ONCO HE DID not want the chemo this week,as he wants to take a break ,yet we did not mention dad's wanting to do his "OWN" trial & MAYBE NEXT WEEK.....ONCO SAID OK. WE WILL GO BACK NEXT WEDNESDAY FOR BLOOD AGAIN & REPEAT WITH SKIPPING THE CHEMO.....ESPECIALLY SINCE DADS BLOOD, PSA & HOW HE FEELS IS WORKING.......& CHEMO JUST KNOCKS YA DOWN...& wreaks havok on the immune system & poisons...which dad would much rather not have to go through anymore,unless he ABSOLUELY has to.
In fact after the nurse drew dads blood yesterday, I asked her if a blood transfusion would raise his white count,& she said it is possible perhaps,but basically medically unheard of" !! DAD & I JUST LOOKED AT EACH OTHER & SMILED !!!!!

ALSO THE HEMOGLOBIN GOING UP EVEN MORE"" SINCE SUNDAY IS VERY UNUSUAL ... IT NEVER HAD BEFORE.......this is great news... & we KNOW what IS working & plan on staying with the flax& CC ... 3 tbs oil with 1 1/2 cups cc & some fruit mixed in a bowl...he is now doing 2 x a day. MOM & I are as well also doing.

I realize alot of people have said they think the flax & prostate do not go good together...but this is not true.,& that it worsens Pca.. It has not really been accuratley studied... correctly....only their versions & theories, as like so many other alternative methods cancer patients use & heal by. There are too many people that can testify to that....and Science will never back up anything so simple & inexpensive & GOD GIVEN".....so if that " magic Bullet" is not discovered in some lab..(.that won't be available to CANCER PATIENTS FOR 5-10 -15 YRS......).......

IT IS SNAKE OIL !!??

I never have believed that.......and never will. I am so glad I have found these groups,& wish I had when dad was 1st diagnosed....he may have never had to go through some of the things he so emosionally and physically has had to painfully endure.

Next week they will draw another psa & will also check his creatine,& alk phos......we have faith in this,,,,,where as his onco was about to abondon ship 6 weeks ago......& would have been on our own, anyhow .......

I wish you all the best in health & healing & to have the power & confidence in yourselves to believe in what you do...& what was put on this Earth for us all to heal & to never give up or to give into being labeled like another statistic or guinney pig,

TAKE CARE
A VERY LOVING DAUGHTER IN NW INDIANA

KATHIE

Genesis 1 29 GOD SAID " BEHOLD, I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERY HERB BEARING SEED THAT IS ON THE SURFACE OF ALL OF THE EARTH,
AND EVERY TREE WHICH HAS FRUIT BEARING SEED. IT SHALL BE FOOD FOR YOU.I HAVE GIVEN EVERY GREEN PLANT FOR FOOD.

PSALMS 103 I WILL HEAL ALL OF YOUR DISEASES

EZEKIEL 17 12 AND THE LEAF SHALL BE FOR MEDICINE

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.086 sec, (5)