CureZone   Log On   Join
Coconut oil -- replaces your deodorant!

laughingrrrl Views: 64,958
Published: 18 y

Coconut oil -- replaces your deodorant!

Okay, I'm working my way into the cleansing thing, and I did notice for several days after I did a SWF (Salt-Water-Flush) I had no Body Odor . But here's another use for coconut oil... put it on your underarms as a deodorant! I was enamored of it already for smelling wonderful, soft skin, cooking and oil pulling, but then I tried it on my underarms, just on a whim.

OMG! It worked! It works as well as the store-bought deodorants! I am so pleased I have one less conventional toiletry to buy. I read somewhere that it had antibacterial and antifungal properties, which is what gave me the idea. It is amazing stuff. I am starting to think of it as a gift from God, along the lines of garlic -- another amazing natural cure-all, but a stinkier one!

I keep checking my underarms and there is no "sour" smell there any more. After a day or more the coconut oil wears off and I start getting an earthy smell, but not bad. But I think that's how often most people use the aluminum-based store bought antiperspirants, don't they? It's been several days I've been using coconut oil instead of stick deodorant, and I am IMPRESSED with the results.

P.S. I'm using cold-pressed organic virgin coconut oil with a melt point of 76 degrees. Paid $14 for 32 oz. Dr. Coconut brand. Very happy with it. Just ordered some LouAna... does anyone have any experiences with this brand? THANKS!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)