CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cat BROKE his Hip, Please advise.

lisag Views: 12,648
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 75,283

Re: Cat BROKE his Hip, Please advise.

Hi,

I think just_peachy gave you great advice about finding care. Great note, JustPeachy. And I agree with her on the 'if it were a child, would you let the bone set out of place?'

The time to fix the wound is now, before the wound heals. If you don't do the surgery now, the bones will heal out of place, and there will be alot of scar tissue - much harder to fix later, with less chance for best recovery. If the surgery is done soon, scar tissue won't have built up yet and there will be a better chance for recovery.

If you can't find another vet, perhaps the vet will work with you on doing time payments?

If the cat seems that he's in pain, and you absolutely cannot afford the operation, I'd meditate on it and think about euthenasia.

I think its marvelous that you and your husband appreciate the cat and want to keep him.

LisaG

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)