CureZone   Log On   Join
experience with HIB, vaccine info + experience

sandover Views: 4,930
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 749,716

experience with HIB, vaccine info + experience

Rwardin:

I had a terrible time deciding about vaccines and dealing with doctors who really tightened the screws (eventually changed to a doctor who didn't make me feel like I was threatening the life of our twins -- after a huge showdown with two doctors at the large pediatric practice where we had been going). Ugh!

At that practice I let them talk me into Hib. I totally regret doing it. I can't remember what the rationale was and there were no immediate or later side effects (that we know about, right?).

Current doc is OK with no vax as these are "only children," so to speak, with no others coming home with germs. There have been some Whooping Cough outbreaks at local schools in the past few years and he has been urging us to vax for pertussis. Now there is mumps at UVA (we live in central Virginia) and so I am sure he would encourage mumps. He does offer single-dose vaccines, rather than the bundled ones.

Happily the babies have been pretty healthy so we do not go into his office very much!

I read Christiane Northrup's very reasoned and sensible position on vaccines. As both a mother and a doctor I find her credible. She suggests if you want to vaccinate, waiting until after 2 when brain is more than 80% developed, and only using half doses, and doing one at a time. (Though she recommends against it overall.) She lists some products to take around vax time if you are nursing, or to give your children -- someone else mentioned them -- zinc and Vitamin C. As well as some immune-boosters.

I heard a lecture by Dr. Erik Rydland, a practicing pediatrician in Florida. He has a website with several whole-foods derived supplements. He is moving toward a no-vax practice I think, and it is interesting to hear his perspective as he was pro-vax when he began practicing 25 or so years ago! He has used nosodes for effective treatment of pertussis (nosodes: homeopathic vaccinations, pretty much, from what I could tell).

My advice is to read Northrup (I got her recent book, "Mother-Daughter Wisdom," when I was pregnant -- a shame that perhaps some mothers of sons might pass it over because of the title!) and follow your gut. I was SO miserable when my daughters were getting that shot -- it felt very "wrong". Anyway, Northrup is very reassuring and does offer a course of treatment for people who want to vax eventually. You can Google Dr. Rydland. Sometimes it is easier for my non-vax friends to find a doctor believable -- talking about someone's experience with a child who suffers from vax-related illnesses may just hit too close to home.

Regarding your husband: I just kept telling mine, who was also more pro-vax, "Well, you go ahead and take them in for their shots!" Needless to say, this did not occur! ;) (Hopefully this is the worst form of manipulation that will ever occur in my marriage!)

Good luck!

-- Laura

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)