CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: what do the new abbreviations mean?

Ohfor07 Views: 2,229
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 747,517

Re: what do the new abbreviations mean?

These features have always been present but now appear differently, in different spots, with different fonts and letters subsequent to the brain surgery.... I don't recall ever seeing the "all clear" so I take it there may still be some occasional brain surgery tweaking ongoing.

Text, FCK and TinyMCE are three different types of editors.... or word processors, if you will, Text beign the very basic editor that allows you to type plain typewriter keyboard characters. TinyMCE is an advanced editor that has a lot more capabilities... sort of like Microsoft Word.

If you wanna just reply with basic text and words, Text editor is the way to go. If you want to be able to distinguish parts of your post using features like different colors,  fonts, font sizes, bold text, italicized text, underlined text , even add an assortment of smiley and frowny facesInnocentTongue outCry   SmileWinkCool  Kiss         etc.

You can do indents:

center justified

left justified

right justified

and proportionate spacing that evenly spaces all the letters on a line so that nice neat even borders are created on both the left margin and the right margin.

(and many other featurs, give TinyMCE a try. Note, the first time you click on "TinyMCE" it will take a while for all of the Tiny components to get loaded into your browser... on broadbands this takes about 10 seconds, on dialup, probably takes a lot longer, and you won't be able to begin typing stuff in with the editor until all these components ared loaded. The lower left corner of the window will show you the progress as these components load.  I like TinyMCE so much that I've never tried FCK. Have fun.

PS - as to posting to the forum, if your are originating a thread, at the top of the forum will be the choice for

New Message:   Text    FCK    TinyMCE      Click on the type of editor you want to use to post a new post/thread.

If your post will be a reply to an existing thread, this assumes you have just read one of the replies in thread and still have this reply window open. At the bottom of the window will be the choices for:

Reply to This Message:   Text   FCK    TinyMCE     Click on the type of editor you want to use to reply.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)