CureZone   Log On   Join
Revisiting Lessons Already Learned

Views: 2,025
Published: 18 y

Revisiting Lessons Already Learned

Hey everyone!

Have you ever learned a lesson well and then, by reason of temporary insanity, threw all your hard-learned self-knowledge to the wind and say "aw the heck with it???" You decide all of a sudden to switch back to old ways because you've been so healthy and good for months and months...you decide to REWARD yourself because you now think your body can take it???

Well, that's what I did! And let me tell you...my body let me know on no uncertain terms that it was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! And the REWARD was actually a penalty.

I use the RF method and fast for as long as I feel I can, then move into transition when I feel my blood needs some building up. During transition I eat fresh organic fruits and veggies...and drink some delicious smoothies.

All except for yesterday! (You think I would know better by now.)

Today I'm paying for some very poor, spur-of-the-moment decisions. At a family get-together yesterday, I ate and ate and ate. Small portions, but lots of them. I taste tested everything offered. Having been so good, I figured that being off of both fasting or transition wouldn't bother me.

My just rewards for not paying attention to my stomach's initial protest during the first bowl of cooked food and it's subsequent gurglings and rumblings are: stomach pain, gas, bloating, weakness, lymph swelling, joint pain, elevated temperature and general feeling of UGH!

I knew better, but I looked and felt so good I thought one bad meal-mix wouldn't make a difference! I was wrong. It made a big difference.

So, today, I'm listening to what I should have listened to yesterday...my body. For the rest of today, I am going to be using strong lemonade w/stevia to thin the gunk, and lax tea to move it out. Most likely, I will be doing this for a couple of days until the reactions to bad food goes away.

It's funny how revisiting a lesson I had already learned just made me realize that fasting and transition is truly a healthy way to live. My body feels awful so it taught me yet another lesson on top of this revisited lesson...and that is...the fantasy of eating what I want doesn't hold a candle to the reality of health and well being I feel when I stick to fasting/transition.

I will be back on later to check the posts when I feel a little better and my self-pity-party is over...lol...

To all you fasters out there...happy fasting!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)