CureZone   Log On   Join
Dreary day?? NO WAY!!!!!!!

Corey Views: 1,625
Published: 18 y

Dreary day?? NO WAY!!!!!!!

I was not sure where to post this story but this seemed to be a good place. It is one of he incidents that changed my life and a few others that were fortunate enough to witness the scene.

Sometime around 35 years ago or so I was in construction work and could not work when it was raining. On this particular day it was a cold rain and I had dropped into a 24-hour breakfast type of resturant to get a cup of coffee. A young man came into the resturant and sat at a booth by the window. He had a slightly depressed expression and did indeed seem worried. When the waitress came to take his order he remarked "Dreary day, isn't it?" The waitress's reply deserves its own paragraph. I will relate to the best of my memory.

Waitress: "Dreary? No Way!! Man just look at what you are not seeing. Watch the little raindrops hitting the window and racing down the pane of glass!! The mini-streams running across the pavement, enjoying a race with each other!! Just look at the millions of rainbows reflecting off the water!! Those rainbows are just for your observation only. Watch how the rainbows dance, just full of joy from simply being!!! I see different ones from where I stand!! Aw man, ever notice how grass just seems to jump up when it gets some of the life giving rain? It already looks greener than it did yesterday!! What a beautiful, beautiful day!!!! It's not dreary, just lovely rainy day!!"

The customer's expression did slowly change and everyone within earshot of the waitress got quiet and just sat and watched the beautiful water flowing and the dancing rainbows.

I must say that the incident changed me and I do feel it changed some others also. It brought back memories of childhood and my brother and me playing in the rain when there was no lightning. I taught my own children and grandchildren that rain is good. I am so thankful for these type experiences.

Now when I hear someone say something about a dreary day, I simply say, NO WAY!!! just lovely rainy day!!!

Corey

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)