CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: New Vegetarian...I think

Views: 2,475
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 735,635

Re: New Vegetarian...I think

Chris,
Whether you are technically considered a vegetarian or not is not that important. People who are vegans probably won't consider you one and people who eat a ton of meat will probably think you are one. Ultimately you have to do what you want to do and not worry about what other people think. I am pretty similar to you. I don't eat red meat or poultry but will occasionally have seafood or dairy. I also gave meat up because of my love of animals. The industry that exists here in the USA and most of the world for raising animals and bringing them to your dinner table is pretty gruesome. Not to mention all of the nasty chemicals and hormones that are injected in them and the lack of mobility of many of them that just allows toxins to build up in their bodies. One can eat a healthy Diet that includes meat, it is just that 95% of the people in this country who eat meat are not doing that. They are eating meat from fast food restaraunts and big supermarkets that is not that healthy. Ask Andreas. I personally love the taste of red meat. Most people who eat meat do so not because they think it is a healthier diet but because they don't want to give it up. It is a big sacrifice. Having said that, I don't judge people by their choice to eat meat or not. I am not out there preaching it. Most of my friends eat meat. In my case, I find that there are a lot of people who eat meat that feel the need to justify their choice to me when they find out that I don't. This may not be the case with other people, but it is always happening to me. They love to tell me that eating meat is just as healthy as not, but in truth they love hamburgers and hotdogs and they have to rationalize it to me. Again, this may not be everybody's experience, but it happens to me a lot. I love animals, which is why I won't support any industry that doesn't give a shit about them. I am getting ready to have to put down my 16 1/2 year old black lab that I have had since it was a pup. It is a tough thing to do, but she reminds my of the reason that I gave up meat. Again, I don't judge others who eat meat, but on this forum it seems like it is the meat eaters who yell the loudest and feel a need to justify their choice.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)