CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What if my eczema is infected?

aunty Views: 42,675
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 7,293

Re: What if my eczema is infected?

Hello,

Antibiotics increase candida growth, which actually produces eczema flareups. Candida is a yeast like parasite. The fact that your eczema came back in full force after the usage of the Antibiotics is indicative of candida overgrowth. Therefore, the better option is to use natural Antibiotics (like garlic) to rid the body of fungal infection. Yet another option for infected eczema skin is to soak the skin in Epsom Salt baths. In addition, and to remedy the candida problem caused by the antibiotics, you will need to increase your fiber intake. Consuming yogurt will also help in combating the candida overgrowth.

Due to the location of the eczema flareups on your hands and feet, you are able to isolate these areas and give even greater attention to the care of the skin through Epsom Salt bath soaks. You can purchase a very inexpensive plastic 12"x12" container and use it to isolate your feet for soaking in the epsom salt. You can also soak your hands in this way. I would use a different container in that case. Most people assume that you have to spend a lot of money to get the best results. This very inexpensive solution, in my experience, has been one of the most beneficial and effective skin treatments to date.

If you are a resident of the U.S., a trip to your local Whole Foods Market will give you an array of natural skin care alternatives. There are a multitude of natural bath saops from which you can choose. Those that contain aloe, colloidal oatmeal, or vitamin E would be good starts for the care of your sensitive skin. Shikai's product line of skin care is another option. In particular, their bath and shower gels, shampoos & conditioner, and their Borage Skin Therapy lotion may be good choices for you. Other moisturizing options that can provide the healing nourishment for your skin are the Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive lotion, Burt's Bees Buttermilk lotion, or the Colloidal Oatmeal Skin Therapy Lotion by Nature's Gate.

To understand what deficiencies eczema represent and how to go about replenishing those nutrients through what you eat, you can visit the following website: http://www.wholehealthmd.com

In order to truly heal your skin of eczema, you need to get to the root cause of the eczema. Conventional medicine, unfortunately, doesn't address the cause and chooses to suppress the symptoms. Suppression simply ensures longterm eczema suffering. You need to understand what your body is messaging when it expresses an eczema flareup. It's shouting that your immune system/body is being overwhelmed by toxins. The response that your body desires is that you identify the toxic agent and remove it from the body. In addition, it desires that you replenish the immune system with the nourishment needed to restore balance; so that it can resume the fight more effectively. In other words, with an eczema reaction, the immune system is fighting on the defensive position; therefore, the goal is to put it back in the offensive position where it can score points against those allergens/toxins/bacteria and eliminate them from the body, producing the healing you desire.

Internal, external, and foreign is the key phrase that you want to remember when attempting to heal the body of an eczema flareup. Internal refers to restoration of the immune health through implementation of a healthy Diet rich in the whole foods needed to restore your immune health. An internal cleanse/detox is also a part of the internal process for immune restoration. External refers to rehydration of the skin/restoration of the skin's moisture barrier through natural skin care rich in the vitamin/minerals/nourishment needed to promote healing. And finally, foreign refers to identification of the allergen/irritant for removal from the body/environment.

Eczema, like a fire/smoke alarm, is a warning signal to alert the individual of impending danger. Eczema reveals to an individual, through its external manifestation, that toxins are in the blood stream and need to be addressed (through elimination) before they cause further damage to the other organs in the body. The medical community has chosen to respond to eczema's warning signal by removing the battery of the smoke alarm so that you don't hear the annoying sound. I've watched them use this type of treatment with my mother for almost fourty years now. As a result, and when my nieces were diagnosed with eczema, I chose to listen to the body's message and address the message accordingly. My nieces have been eczema free for a majority of their young lives without the use of medications; and with the use of the wisdom mentioned above. You don't need to fear eczema; you just need to hear it. Identify those things that are promoting your flareups, remove them from your environment, and implement a nutritional and skin care regimen that works with your body to promote healing. When you work with the body, the healing will come.

If you need help in identifying your allergen/irritant culprits, I'll be glad to offer any suggestions as to possible culprits in your case.

aunty

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.292 sec, (3)