CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: at my wit's end

aunty Views: 3,005
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 7,178

Re: at my wit's end

Hello,

Straight to the point! The eczema reaction is instigated by the dust mites, what you eat, and the medications used to treat your eczema. In reading your post, you demonstrate what I want parents of eczema babies/children to fully comprehend. How you respond to eczema in a child's infancy will determine the future health of a child. If the source of the eczema is not addressed properly, a host of other diseases/disorders will soon follow.

I get so angry when I read a post like yours and hear of the suffering that you've endured for years; especially when it could have been ended in a matter of days to a few weeks. In order for me to do you any justice, I need to put my emotions in check so that I can hopefully provide you the wisdom needed to end your suffering. Because you need immediate relief, you will want to hear of a quick fix solution. That is highly understandable and can be achieved through natural means; however, and to achieve longterm success, you will need to have an understanding of what the body is messaging with an eczema flareup in order to ensure healing. I know about the years of eczema suffering from watching my mother suffer. Yet, on the other side of that, I also know about the healing side of eczema through my nieces. Diagnosed with eczema in their infancy, they were healed of a severe (total body) eczema flareup in two weeks time. The oldest niece just turned six this month and has remained eczema free (without the use of medications) since her breakout in her infancy. Her sister had been eczema free for four years until a recent (avoidable) breakout from a reaction to an anti-fungal ointment that was applied by her mom (against my advice) to treat a yeast infection. Her body broke out in eczema hives immediately after her skin came in contact with the ointment. Of course, after the reaction, then they listened to what I had to say. My nieces skin has since recovered, but she didn't have to suffer that way. The same goes for you. A majority of the suffering that you've endured over the years could have and should have been avoided.

An eczema reaction is the body's way of messaging to you that your immune system is being overwhelmed by a toxic invasion. The body eliminates toxins in three ways: through the bowels, the urine, and through the skin. When you see an eczema reaction on the skin, you are actually witnessing the body trying to heal. It is attempting to eliminate or rid the toxins from the bloodstream and from your body. How we react or respond to the body when we witness an eczema flareup determines your success or failure. Unfortunately, the medications prescribed to treat eczema ensure failure. The reason being, they suppress the symptoms and don't address the root cause for the symptom manifestation. In suppressing your symptoms, they suppress the immune system and literally suppress (or push down) the toxin release resulting in a false sense of security or healing. What has actually happened is that the toxins remain in your body and start affecting your other organs; due to the fact that your body's attempt to release or rid the body of those toxins has been blocked or suppressed. The goal is to work with the body to encourage the healing process to its completion. Medications with toxic ingredients causing multiple side effects counteract the body's healing process; therefore, you want to work with the natural chemistry of the body and feed it the nourishment needed to complete the healing process.

An eczema reaction demonstrates the following deficiencies: beta carotene, zinc, selenium, quercetin, essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6, omega-9, & GLA/gamma linolenic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, & vitamin E. Considering your fibro myalgia episode, a serious magnesium deficiency is evident as well. Now when I list these deficiencies, my first thought is not supplements. My first thought is what foods do I need to consume to replenish the deficient nutrients. Over and over I keep pointing out to people that the most important means of getting nutrients into the body is through whole foods consumption. Your experience with the numerous amount of supplements and no good results prove my point. Here are some of the reasons why depending on supplements for nutritional replenishment becomes a problem:

1) They are only as good as their source (synthetic vs. whole food/organic).

2) People tend to think that because they are taking vitamins, then they can eat poorly (or unhealthy). It's a false sense of security.

3) Unless you are familiar with the different vitamins/minerals and how they affect the body, along with their chemical relationship with the body, you can overdose. For example, vitamin A is a supplement that has to be considered carefully due to the body's ability to overdose that nutrient because it is stored in the liver; as opposed to magnesium and vitamin C, which would need daily replenishment due to the fact that the body eliminates it on a daily basis.

Again, it is most important that an individual become aware of the types of whole foods that they would need to consume in order to replenish their nutritional deficiencies.

You've been placed on many Elimination Diets ; yet, your eczema remains a factor. It is not surprising. Elimination only addresses a portion of the problem. Eliminating the foods to which you are allergic make sense; however, that still doesn't address your nutritional deficiency. Therefore, in addition to eliminating the foods that caused you distress, there also needed to be a strong focus on implementing or introducing into your diet the whole foods needed to replenish your nutritional deficiencies. You can learn more about those foods at the following websites: http://www.wholehealthmd.com & http://abundanthealth.ws/ftnm.htm
Of course if you are allergic to any of the foods on the list, then simply choose another from the list. There are plenty of whole food options available to provide you the nourishment you need. For example, mango is a good source of beta carotene. I develope an allergic eczema reaction on my mouth after eating mango; therefore, I simply choose canteloupe (for which I am not allergic) as an alternative beta carotene source. Beta carotene is an immune booster. Eczema is evidence of an immune problem. This is why educating yourself regarding the foods that contain this essential nutrient is so important. In addition, beta carotene safely converts the stored vitamin A from the liver for usage throughout the body. This is why instead of opting for a vitamin A supplement, you would look for foods that contained beta carotene as a means of safe vitamin A replenishment.

Eczema has to be attacked in these three areas in order to ensure success: internal (addressing the immune health), external (rehydration of the skin through natural skin care), and foreign (identification of the allergen/irritant culprit for removal from your body/environment).

In order for me to go further with you, I need to know what types of medications you've used and are currently using. I also need to know what your daily diet/water intake consists of; as well as your daily skin care regimen.

I'm hoping that you will get back to me soon with answers to the questions I posed. In the interim, and for some form of quick itch relief and a good nights rest, try chamomile tea before bedtime. Chamomile has natural anti-itch healing properties.

aunty

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (4)