CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: seborrheic keratosis and fungus!!

aunty Views: 23,527
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 7,172

Re: seborrheic keratosis and fungus!!

Hello Dawn,

It's been seven days since you posted your message and I hope that you haven't grown discouraged in the process. This forum is open to all those who want to share any beneficial help or information that they've learned in the process of becoming healthier individuals. One of the reasons that you may notice a multitude of responses or postings from me is due to the fact that I think every question deserves a response. Even if I can't personally help with information, I will respond to refer you or others to those I think can. I, personally, have been on vacation for a week; and therefore, am just seeing your post. Nonetheless, I also noticed that you have given the option for people to email you with a response. In that case, I could be very wrong in assuming that no one has responded to your concerns due to the fact that they responded to you personally through email.

What I want to address with you regarding your keratosis/fungus diagnosis is your daily nutrition and skin care regimen. The skin is the largest organ of the human body. It's also an external organ. As a result, this organ needs to be cared for both internally and externally. The skin makes first contact with the elements; and therefore daily skin care/cleansing is essential to the skin's good health. When diagnosed with disease, we often first think of prescription medications to address the issue. For the human body (especially regarding the skin), and for the most part, the best form of medication for the body is healthy nutrition/water, internal cleansing, and external cleansing of the skin.

Put simply, keratosis pilaris is a "condition of the skin where the hair follicles become plugged with hair and dead skin cells in the process of skin renewal". What should happen is that those dead skin cells should fall off of the body (exfoliate/shed); but instead, they get stuck to the hair follicles and clog the pores. That process is called hyperkeratinization or abnormal keratinization. Put in even more simple terms, there is a problem occurring with the skin exfoliation process. Naturally, what helps to regulate the skin's exfoliation process are your essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6, omega-9 & GLA/gamma-linolenic acid). Evening primrose oil, borage oil, and flaxseed oil contain these essential fatty acids. Vitamin E also helps to regulate abnormal proliferation of the superficial skin layers (helps promote healthy skin exfoliation). Vitamin E is also a powerful antioxidant that helps fight against free radical damage. In addition, carrot seed oil also helps to promote healthy cellular regeneration. Also, in addressing fungus that affect the skin, you will need to focus attention on your immune health. Beta carotene, zinc, selenium, and vitamin C will help to address your immune health issues. To help you in addressing the vitamin, mineral, and protein needs mentioned through your daily nutrition, you can take a look at the "foods that nature made" website at the following web address: http://abundanthealth.ws/ftnm.htm. You can also take a look at the http://www.wholehealthmd.com website and view information regarding deficiencies in eczema. Because the conditions share similiar symptom manifestations, like the dry skin/scaling, you can learn how to remedy those symptom manifestations through what you eat.

If you haven't already, you will want to focus your attention on addressing your skin care needs naturally. Even more important than skin medication, will be your daily skin cleansing product usage. The Shikai moisturizing bath and shower gel may be a good product line for you. In addition, their Borage Skin Therapy lotion may also prove to be beneficial. This is definitely not the only natural skin care line that may prove to be beneficial to you. If you have a Whole Foods market in your area, I strongly suggest you take a visit and examine for yourself the multitude of natural skin care products available.

If you would feel more comfortable with natural medications or creams specifically formulated to treat keratosis, you can check out the following website: http://bioskincare.com/keratosis-pilaris.htm The natural product that they highlight is called Elicina cream. Rose hip oil is also a suggested treatment for keratosis pilaris.

I personally recommend garlic consumption (odorless pill form is an option) to fight off fungus or infection. Allicin is the component in garlic that give it its natural anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal functions; therefore, you will want to make sure that this (allicin) is included in any supplements that you take.

On a more personal level and since you've developed a fungus in that area, you will probably need to purchase new bras as well.

I would definitely like to hear from you in a week or two after you've started implementing some of these changes to hear of your progress (good or bad). The ultimate goal is that you be healed.

aunty

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)