CureZone   Log On   Join
Confessions of a Dairy-Addict....aka milkaholic!

Queenie Views: 3,271
Published: 20 y

Confessions of a Dairy-Addict....aka milkaholic!

Every since I can remember I have absolutely adored dairy products of ANY kind. Growing up I would crave milk like other children craved candy. Given the choice, milk would be number one.
As I got older, I have transferred that addiction to cheese. I crave it all the time. It has been the most hardest thing I have ever tried to give up in my life.
I am now in my late 40s, obese with a slew of medical problems incl. pcos, cystic breasts, hair loss, insulin resistence, rashes, acne, fatigue just to list a few. I get irritable and depressed and guess what relieves tension like no other?? Yep, its "Cheese."
I have to have coffee w/ cream every morning. I wonder if its really the cream I'm after and the coffee is the excuse to use it!!
I've been telling myself that its probably menopause.
This has got to sound crazy, but I can't help but think that maybe the very thing that is destroying me is the same thing I crave? Much like a drug addict or an alcoholic!!
When I low carb, I feel much better. But cheese is allowed so I find little ways to justifye allowing myself a little here and there. But keeping the carb grams under 10 a day only helps me to maintain my weight otherwise I steadily pile on the weight and losing it seems almost impossible.
When I give up cheese, I find myself quickly replacing it with other dairy products. You name it, I'll take it. This has been tough.
I did go on a MC fast last year for 24 days and never felt better in my life. Unfortunately, I slipped back into my old habits and resumed the dairy.
I think its time to detox again and commit to giving up dairy in all forms for the rest of my life. At least one day at a time!
Thanks for your inspiring article and wish me luck on my road to recovery!!!

Queenie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)