CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: giving up for good

hopinso Views: 1,663
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 696,110

Re: giving up for good

I think you are making a very wise and insightful decision. Fasting is rarely the answer for permanent weight loss. Although a lot of weight can be quickly dropped by many people, the slow down of the metabolic rate makes weight gain much faster when eating is resumed. On and off fasting really slows down the metabolism and can cause other digestive disturbances. Still, do not give up on fasting all together. You might want to consider fasting one day a week for continued detoxification and for damage control for those days when the pizza craving wins out (my weakness is cheeseburgers). One day a week fasts do not slow the metabolism.

When you make healthy eating your priority then your weight will normalize to where your body wants and needs it. Your healthiest weight will probably not be in the supermodel range, but will be where you will have the most energy, vitality and health. Dr. Joel Fuhrman has a book called "Eat Right To Live" that has both a weight loss plan for six weeks and a lifetime diet of healthy food choices. You might want to look into his plan and adapt it for your own needs. Once your body is cleansed and balanced you will be able to enjoy an occasional treat without guilt or damage to your health or weight.

Your concerns about fasting turning into an eating disorder or just an obsession is very insightful. While this will not happen to everyone who undertakes a long term fast, it is a possibility, especially when one's body image is distorted. Concentrate on good health, learning to love and accept yourself as you are, and perhaps examine any emotional issues that trigger overeating. Best wishes to you.

Fasting is not a bad thing, but it is not for everyone. Fasting needs to be done in a serious way that will not ultimately bring harm to one's health. I do not want to discourage those of you who are still seeking to lose weight through long term fasts; but I beg you to be careful and to reread violetgrace's post and see if any of her concerns about eating disorders, obsessive fasting, Depression when expected results are not seen, and a distorted body image apply to you as well.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)