CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My experience wtih Safi Update#1

NZSue Views: 83,915
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 676,244

Re: My experience wtih Safi Update#1

Thanks for the updates which I follow with interest. I did a bit of research on the net re safi and was a bit concerned to read where a certain brand had been tested in Canada and was found to be full of heavvy metals which could load your liver. I have pasted below the findings:

One product, SAFI, manufactured by Hamdard (Wakf) Laboratories in New Delhi/Ghaziabad, India was tested by Health Canada and found to contain arsenic levels in excess of 40 times the maximum allowable concentration for drugs. Described by its labelling as a blood purifier used for skin diseases and as a treatment for digestive problems, SAFI is available as a liquid in a 200ml bottle and packaged in a lime green box, bearing a black and red label on both the front and back. Consumers are advised not to use this SAFI product.
Heavy metals pose a particular health risk because they may accumulate in vital organs. Children are most susceptible to the toxic effects of heavy metal poisoning.

Arsenic poisoning can affect the liver, bone marrow, cardiovascular system and central nervous system, causing nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, muscle cramps, heart abnormalities, liver damage, anaemia and reduced motor nerve function.

Lead poisoning can affect the kidneys, liver, heart and central nervous system, causing weight loss, insomnia, dizziness, swelling of the brain and paralysis. Mercury poisoning can affect the kidneys and central nervous system, causing tremors, insomnia, memory loss, slowed sensory and motor nerve function and reduced mental function.

Health Canada has reviewed the findings of the JAMA study and is currently determining the availability in Canada of the products named in the study. A Customs Alert to the Canada Border Services Agency has been issued to monitor importation of these products. Further action will be taken if any of the remaining products are confirmed to be sold in Canada, and if laboratory testing determines that heavy metal levels exceed Canadian exposure limits.

Ayurvedic medicinal products are used in the traditional Indian healing paradigm, and are often imported from India. According to the principles of Ayurvedic medicine, heavy metals are used in a detoxified state in these medicinal products because of their reputed therapeutic properties. However, should the detoxification process not be strictly followed during manufacturing, it is possible for the resulting product to contain high levels of heavy metals. In addition to the JAMA study, other studies have found high levels of heavy metals in products sold in England and India. In Canada, Ayurvedic medicinal products must be authorized for sale either as a natural health product bearing a Natural Product Number (NPN) or a drug product, bearing a Drug Identification Number (DIN). These eight digit numbers are preceded by NPN or DIN and indicate that the product has been assessed by Health Canada for safety and effectiveness.

This was found on http://hc-sc.gc.ca/english/protection/warnings/2005/2005_09.html

What brand of Safi are you taking?
Does anyone else know about possible toxic problems using it?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)