CureZone   Log On   Join
Pascalite Bentonite Clay

misskitty Views: 4,601
Published: 20 y

Pascalite Bentonite Clay

Hi, Thanks everyone,
Yes Aunty, I doubt this is eczema as we understand it and I have dubbed it perioral dermatitis because it fits the description. I no longer use the steroid creams as they only worsen the condition. All the data sheets I have seen for steroidal creams state they only worsen this condition and I cannot believe that 2 different docs have prescribed them for his condition.It all started, as far as I can remember, with him eating pineapple over 2 months ago. I know this fruit contains the enzyme bromelain which actually can break down the collagen bonds in flesh, which is why it is often used to marinade meats in chinese cookery.Although the dermatitis was not evident until a week after him consuming the fruit. I do not allow him this anymore.He is a dribbler and salivary enzymes are obviously making matters worse. All I am doing now is trying to stop the area becoming wet with saliva by patting dry the skin and then applying a neutral barrier cream. I have to use something because he drools so much his chin is constantly wet. I have been detoxing him as much as possible the last week although he eats a good diet anyway as he prefers wholegrains, lentils, pulses to anything else.He doesn't have sweets (candy) because he has a dental deformity which we have to keep an eye on. I recently found info on perioral dermatitis caused by fluoride in toothpaste and from tonight he is not having fluoride toothpaste anymore. If anybody knows of a good acid mantle cream please can they tell me the name as my pharmacist doesn't know of any.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (1)