CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Serious dry skin. Please help!

aunty Views: 3,802
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 6,416

Re: Serious dry skin. Please help!

Hello,

I can recommend three options for moisturizing that you may want to consider: Borage Skin Therapy lotion by Shikai (fragrance free), Colloidal Skin Therapy lotion by Nature's Gate (fragrance free), and Burt's Bees Buttermilk lotion. Each one of these items can be found at Whole Foods Market (a national health food chain). You can visit them and try test samples before making a purchase. This is done to test for allergen sensitivities.

One of the symptoms of a Vitamin A deficiency is dry, cracked skin and dry/brittle hair. To replenish your skin and immune health, it will be necessary to drink plenty of water and eat vegetables and fruit that contain beta carotene/vitamin A. Green vegetables (like kale, collards, spinach & brocolli), carrots, squash, romaine/green lettuce, sweet potatoes, and grapefruit are good sources of beta carotene/vitamin A. However, supplementing your diet with vitamins, while at the same time eating and drinking things that cause havoc to the immune system (such as, soft drinks & processed foods/sugars), will not produce the same healthy effect. A word of caution: just as the body can reflect symptoms of disease through vitamin deficiencies, it can also reflect disease through vitamin overdose. It is possible to overdose on vitamin A; therefore I suggest the much healthier approach of supplementation through foods (fruits, vegetables & whole grains), the way nature intended. Because of the nature of people to look for quick fixes through pills and because of their tendancy to over indulge (me included), I often suggest a one-a-day multivitamin for daily nutritional supplementation to avoid the overindulgence of pill popping (very dangerous). Consuming water, fruit, vegetables, and whole grains are the best means of daily nutrition and vitamin/mineral supplementation.

You can read the message I left to #27520 ("looking for eczema cure, want advice") to find out a little more about my eczema experience and the three step process to healing.

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)