CureZone   Log On   Join
TEST the spirits

klyd Views: 2,136
Published: 20 y

TEST the spirits

There are people that have given wrong prophesies, left the church, and even started a new religion that is not in line with bible scripture, claiming to have been told by the Holy Spirit. while not testing it. The bible tells us to test the spirits.

I John 4:1-3 1) “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God......2) By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus
Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3) and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

There still exists today, so many people that dont bother to test the spirits, its no wonder why we have so much wield and ridiculous new doctrines floating around. As well as misconceptions, and even new beliefs that dont line up with scripture such as new age.

I have a elderly friend “ her name is Martha” she once confided in me about her mistake of not testing the spirit. She said that she thought the Lord had told her to go on a trip. A few days later, while praying for a safe trip that she thought the Lord was sending her on, the Lord let her know that He was not sending her on a trip. The Lord told her that she had been deceive by a spirit that was not of Him. The Lord also let her know that she is to test the spirits from that point on, in order not to be deceived again.

Some say that they are familiar with the spirit of God, so they are always sure without the need for testing. Lets not open the door for the enemy, for he has many weapons and he is the dirtiest player of the game (if you could call it playing a game) and mother of all lies. If testing the spirits were not needed, I dont think that the scripture of 1 John 4:1-3 would have been given to us to obey.

klyd

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)