CureZone   Log On   Join
Terrible experience with a couple of doctors

Views: 1,326
Published: 20 y

Terrible experience with a couple of doctors

I have hypertension in 1996 and was healed after a lump beneath my tongue had been removed which is a minor surgery and it is done in my home country and my blood pressure has been normal until 2002.In 2002, I am having rebound hypertension 160/100 and was prescribed with ternomine 50mg prior to all blood test. My common sense told me I should not take any bp medication until the results of my blood test and examinatins has been released. This has been a practice in my home country

Yet, as I am having serious sleeping problems when I see the first GP, he said I can sleep better with the temormine. On the third day, I feel hot, chest pain, and having severe hypertension 181/116 and was later referred to my first endocrin by the emergency because of hyperthyroidsm as the blood test reveals that my TSH is suppressed.Since then, I have terrible experience with my first endocnrin doctor , who is from the private practice and a famous doctor , a lecture in the Uni. He keep on saying he cannot find out the cause of my hypertension despite I have a good records of suppressed TSH . He just said as he cannot see any lumps in my neck , and my eyes is okay, my thyroid problem is mild and required no treatment. He only do a couple of scan on my kidney and lungs . He put me on medication , inderal , adalat ,that increase my blood pressure to a dangerous level again. He ignoring my complaint of discomfort until i was finally presented in the emergency again who ordered a change in medication. He even wrote to my currrent GP saying I warrant no further investigation and my thyroid level is within acceptable limits. Since then, I stop seeing the first endocrin and change the GP as well The second GP who appear to be concerned and considerate. Yet, later on as he is having more patient, he is too busy and often attribute all my discomfort to anxiety and refuse to give me further check up to rule out all other medical causes. Well, I am a anxious but I think I am just doing an average person would have been concerning in regard to his/her health .

At first , I also try to believe that it is caused by anxiety but as the discomfort won't go away or recurring, I cannot distingush between whether the discomfort is caused by anxiety or something else. Yet, I am getting more anxious as the doctor seems to igorant of all my complaints, again concluding that he didn't know the syntoms and

After all, I realize that it might be my supressed TSH which has been well documented in my GP's record and possibly, I am also prone to having conditions as well. Hence, I insisted on a bone density test and was diagnosised with osteopaenia. It is still mild .

The very problem lies with my first endocrin. He seems to dominate the opinions of all doctors I see. He said my thyroid is mild and that I warrant no further investigation. My common sense as well as other online doctors also believe that it is my thyroid that cause all the problems. The second endocrin whom I see ordered a thyroid scan for me and said that there are multinodular lumps on my thyroid glands but hold reservation on the treatment when I told him about the opinion of my first endocrin.He said he did not know the causes of my osteopaenia. He just asked me to go back in three months time. I pray nothing will happen to me.

Well, in view of all the situations, I think I should change doctors again.This time, I won't tell anything about my first endocrin. I hope this could not affect the diagnosis of doctor I am going to see. In fact, the doctors ought to have established their own judgement , rather than being influenced by the opinions of the first endocrin. Each doctor is an independent entity and not working within the same department . They ought to exercise independent judgement base on clinical examination , lab test, and the patients feelings and syntoms

Finally, I am also wondering : None of the doctors I see carry out a further check in ares beyond my thyroid gland, except the Kidney scan ,if they think my thyroid problem is not a causes of my syntoms. Well, the second endocrin has put me on a thyroid scan , thyroid blood test which indicates I am having multi thyroid nodules with hyper and hypo nodules and one hyper nodules at the right lobes. If they think this is not a throid problem, I think they ought, especially, my current GP should carry out inevestigation beyond my thyroid gland

I will change doctor .I pray that the new doctor could not be the same as those I see previously . I used to be a confident , rational and optimistic person, though with reasonable degree of anxiety when I am not feeling well. However, after seeing all the doctors for the past fourteen months, I loss confident with my future doctors.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)