CureZone   Log On   Join
Hurts! The pain won't go away. Any ideas?

Aeval Views: 6,576
Published: 18 y

Hurts! The pain won't go away. Any ideas?

If anyone has any advice about this I'd be most thankful. This may be a long post, but I wanted to mention anything that may be relevant.

I have a history with migraines and cluster headaches, but what I've been going through for the last 3 months is unlike either.

The head pain stays on the right side of my head, near the very top. I have irregular heartbeats and the pain spikes when my heart skips and then beats extra hard. It is constant and doesn't respond to any meds (otc or heavy Rx painkillers). There is no sensitivity light or sound, though.

I've had a CT scan and it came back fine. My thryroid is very out of whack (TSH is over 11) but it's been worse in the past and I never had this pain then. I have increased my thryroid hormone, but no change in headache.

The pain came on during an extremely stressful time in my life. It was an absolutely gut-wrentching time and it went on for weeks. The pain got worse and worse, when the stress started to ease up I thought the headache would go away, but it did not.

After two months of solid pain, it finally did give some relief and almost vanished. Then my irregular heartbeat became worse and I was put in the hospital. They gave me nitroglycerin (just once) and immediately the pain came back and hasn't gone away since.

My doctor put me on a medication for the heart problem (Supraventricular Tachycardia) and said that it may help the head pain, also. It's not helping either problem. The med is verapamil, a calcium ion influx inhibitor.

My diet is very good. I drink lots of fresh fruit and veg juice, as well has eating lots of raw fruit and veg. I eat beans and tuna or salmon, as well. All my produce is organic. I do not eat any processed food, refined sugars, or dairy. I drink lots of water. Some of these dietary habits are recent, but still no help with the pain.

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks for reading,
Aeval

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)