CureZone   Log On   Join
Vision and mineral balance...

prettysoulful Views: 3,148
Published: 18 y

Vision and mineral balance...

Okay, it has been a pretty long road. Over the last several month I have tried several things that have improved my vision a lot or a little, but somehow didn't keep my vision firmly better.

I believe I have finally found the answers. For the past several weeks, I have been supplementing zinc, in addition to other more long-term supplements. I have had constant improvement in my left eye, but only marginal improvement in my right eye. I tried various nutrients that I hoped would begin to affect my right eye with as much improvement as my left, but for these last weeks and the many months before, my right eye has remained only marginally improved.

Last night, after yet more research and personal symptom analysis, I made a connection that embarrasses me to finally realize. POTASSIUM!! Now I am an avid reader of the Acu-cell.com website, and it states quite clearly that zinc and potassium are counter nutrients. They don't antagonize each other or overly support each other, but generally what zinc will help on the left, potassium can do for the right. So, I finally found a decent potassium salt substitute at a local grocery store, and added 1/4 tsp to a liter of water. I shook it up, and tasted it, expecting to be repulsed by the salty/bitter taste of potassium salt. WRONG! I tasted nothing!! The water was visibly cloudy, and the water felt heavier in my mouth, but I tasted nothing. I ran to my daughter and had her taste my water. She gagged, and proceeded to wipe her tongue off on her sheets! Okay, that was gross, but it made the issue crystal clear to me.

One of the primary test for zinc deficiency is a taste test of zinc sulphate mixed with water. If you taste it after holding it in your mouth for 10 sec then your zinc is basically normal. If you can't taste it, then it is low, and the degree of the taste indicates how much you need to supplement. It occured to me that with potassium being a companion mineral to zinc, they may have some similarities in the body, such as being detectable, or not, by taste. I started drinking the water last night and only drank a little over a cup. This morning, I saw the most improvement in my right eye vision than I have seen in over a year of trying to improve it.

Now bear in mind, I do a bit of supplementing, multi, EFA's, vitamin A & E, Ca/Mg, zinc and copper. So I have worked on my nutrient levels for some time to repair multi-deficiencies as a result of a recently discovered intestinal disorder. Much is improved, but everybody is different. I will suggest, however, that people try the taste tests and see if either nutrient is low. It is a very cheap method of treatment(my KCL salt is less than $2), and quite safe from all the information I have found. Both minerals are not stored well in the body, so build up isn't common except in the case of kidney illnesses. So I don't recommend anything for any individual with known health conditions without checking with your medical practitioner.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)