CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Kilham vs Kelder

Blackbeard Views: 1,720
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 564,559

Re: Kilham vs Kelder

>>1) I learned from the Kilham book (cross-referenced with various intenet pictures to clarify positions (and as men in too small swimming trunks don't really ring my bell LOL)). He places a lot of emphasis on breathing between exercises and 5minutes eyes shut stuff afterwards - which having read online Kelder's book, he doesn't. Anyone tried both methods for a period of time and found any difference? <<
I think Kilham focuses too much on breathing, and Kelder not enough...I find a happy medium, by breathing mainly through my nose for each rite, and out through my mouth, and time the breathing with the stroke. While the Kilham breathing before and after rites is gone, I do make sure I am rested in between and can actually focus on each rite...and take a good breath before...

>> 2) Rite 3 - I have a real tendency to strain knee ligaments (messed up knees as context). The only thing I find that helps is to think of slightly pushing knees forwards when bending backwards to reduce pressure... Any other tips? <<

Make sure you have your hands slightly behind your hips this will add support and also keep you from straining your lower back...

>> Any of you done any research into where it all comes from? I think its more difficult to practice something like this in isolation from a living tradition with masters and a culture etc. Eg I also do Tai Chi - but there it's much easier to get a feeling of importance and value of doing so. <<
I wish I had more of a basis for where these originated, but I just know that I feel better if I do them, so I do them...LOL

Keith S. :{)>

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.064 sec, (1)