CureZone   Log On   Join
Furniture Design for people suffering from D.S.

cony Views: 1,903
Published: 18 y

Furniture Design for people suffering from D.S.

Hello; I am an industrial design student. Im taking a course focused on special and universal design; my new project consists on designing a piece of furniture specially for the needs of a person with Down Syndrome. I was hoping if you could provide me with information; personal experiences, web pages you know, anything can help really =) about the topic, and if you could anwser the following questions:

1) What are the difficulties a person with down syndrome experiences while having access to a piece of furniture (is it the size, access, shape, etc)

2) What activities does your relative with down syndrome do that are difficult to him/her, and could be helped with the proper equipment (table, chair, special product, etc).

3) What kind of activities does your relative realize on a daily basis that include contact with a piece of furniture?

4) In your opinion, what caracteristics would include an ideal design of furniture for a person suffering from down syndrome?

5)Have you seen or purchased a piece of specialized furniture for people with Down Syndrome? What do you think of this idea/concept?

I thank you very much for your time and effort..constanza

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)