CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Itching

superhero Views: 10,644
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 436,801

Re: Itching

Hi Gary,

Have you recently changed your diet? The reason I ask is because about a year ago (in an attempt to lose 20 lbs) I abruptly stopped eating junk foods, bread, pasta, sodas, wheat products, unrefined carbs etc. After 2 weeks of this regiment I started itching. All over itching. And when I scratched I had long red whelps form. Like you it seemed to get worse at night. This whole thing confounded me. I've had never been an itchy or allergic-type person.

At first I attributed it to my low-carb diet. However, eventually I've come to the conclusion that it's my body's way of detoxing. Curiously if I went back on a high-carb binge, the itching disappeared completely for several days or until I went back on the low-carb thing.

Maybe the superfood is acting as a detoxifier. (wouldn't surprise me). I have now been itching for almost a year. However, the itching greatly reduced. Each month that passed (after the first 2 or 3) saw a slow reduction of itching. But like I said, I'm still itching -- particularly at night. But nowdays it's more of a nuisance than a crisis....and I look at it as my body healing.

What helps? When the itching gets real bad, try taking an antihistamine. I like Zyrtec. One pill knocks the itching out for 2-3 days! You also need (this is very important) a NATURAL-bristled scatching brush. You can find these at most health stores and they even have them at Bed Bath & Beyond for about 10 bucks. They are invaluable because they actually STOP the itching, unlike your fingernails.
I would also consider doing some enemas or colonics. Good luck, Tom

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.031 sec, (1)