CureZone   Log On   Join
Hi Dot!

grace72 Views: 5,511
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 430,257

Hi Dot!

Hi there!

I am a 'sister', by the way! I'm sorry for the apparent cyber-silence. I live in the UK so I need to sleep while most of you guys are chatting.
My heart breaks for people who cannot see that Jesus is their only hope. I felt like that about my grandmother & my grandfather, before his death a 2 years ago(he died of prostate cancer). He called himself an atheist but what was really great was that the night before he died, my mother had a dream where God showed his faith being like a small green shoot coming out of the ground. He showed her that the seed had been planted when he was a boy & went to Sunday School, & that it had grown up in the last weeks & months. God showed my mother that when He had healed the scratches on my grandmother's eye, he began to believe again.

My grandmother had had a cataract removal operation but had been left with scratches on some part of her eye (I think it was that part) and had been in constant pain for three weeks(it felt like she had something stuck in her eye ... worse than an eyelash!). Anyway, the doctor examined her eye & said that she would just have to live with it, nothing they could do, blah blah blah.

While she, my son & I were in a field near her house (playing soccer!), something prompted (well, I'm sure it was the Holy Spirit) me to ask her if we could pray for her. Surprisingly, she agreed. At the time, she didn't really pay much attention to spiritual things. So we stood in the field, held hands in a circle & I asked God to heal her eye. Then a few hours later, she noticed that the pain was gone! (PRAISE GOD!!) She then told us, in front of my grandfather, that she had said to herself, "If they can believe God can heal my eye, then I'm jolly well going to believe it, too". When she went to the doctor's a week or so later, he couldn't believe that the scratches had disappeared.

Now my grandmother is a believer, she goes to a weekly Bible study where she has learnt so much & she prays! I am glad of this as I'm sure that being a widow is so much harder if you don't have God to lean on.

Oh my - it's past midnight & I must go to bed.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, sister. Amen.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.264 sec, (2)