CureZone   Log On   Join
Something about Russia

Rusfox Views: 917
Published: 21 y

Something about Russia

Hi Paulette!

We were also told that we were the best nation, that our life level was just great, that the West was rottening being spoiled by so much money, sex drugs and rock and roll...

But long time had passed since then. I am not a kid anymore and I can judge things from my own experience. Russian policy towards its citizens has changed dramatically.

The ways of ruling the country were changing a lot during last 12-15 years.

None of the systems was as perfect as yours, but it did us, simple people, only good. Those changes from one system to another were too complicated, so many things, we were not suppose to know about, had oosed out. We have got our freedom of speach and had quite long time enjoying the real meaning of it, before the newspapers and TV channels became somebody's property. They are still quite democratic though, but you never know.

Current situation in relations between Russian government and the citizens I would describe like this: we don't care about each other much, we live quite independantly. They don't guarantee us much, and we have less obligations. We have much more space there now. We don't lie to each other saying that we love each other...

As for my English, I learned it at one Russian college and have been working as an interpreter for many years. Never been to the States or England.

Good health to you!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)