CureZone   Log On   Join
God Loves ME!!!!!

hopinso Views: 2,268
Published: 19 y

God Loves ME!!!!!

This Christmas did not hold much promise of being a very merry one, I am having some pretty serious health problems including chronic pain and so much weakness in my legs that I must use a cane or walker to walk even short distances. My finances are also very low. Christmas promised to be a cold, lonely holiday spent dealing with the ever present pain and weakness.

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep the song "Joy To The World" was flowing through my mind, then John 3:16. Suddenly I was able to get past all my problems and just realize that God Loves Me!!! The reason for the season transcends all the Holiday vs Christmas controversy, it goes beyond buying and receiving gifts, even beyond pain, weakness, poverty and fear. We celebrate Christmas because God loves us.

Despite the often difficult times today, that thought has stayed with me. Christ Mass means the celebration of Christ. It goes beyond the arguments about the exact day of Jesus' birth, beyond the greed of retailers, beyond the secularization of making this a generic holiday. For those of us who have experienced the New Birth, everyday should be CHRISTmas-a celebration of God's love and His greatest gift to humanity. The way we act, speak and think should reflect our daily celebration of Jesus Christ, our comfort and our guide, our friend and our brother, and most of all our Lord and our Saviour.

"For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The reason for the season.

"We love Him, because He first loved us" Why we should celebrate

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." Why Jesus should be the focus of our celebration.

So, even though its late, MERRY CHRISTMAS!-today, tomorrow, and everyday we walk with the Lord. He alone is worthy of our worship.

Thank you Heavenly Father for showing us your love through the blessed gift of your only Son. Thank you for His birth, His life, His death, and His resurrection. Thank you for the wonderful gift of Salvation that comes through your Grace, Mercy, and Love.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)