CureZone   Log On   Join
God is a giver...

MentalNomad Views: 1,815
Published: 20 y

God is a giver...

It is His nature. The largest gift He ever gave was His Son Jesus Christ. He held back nothing, but gave it all--just for us, each one of us.
I feel that our nature as Christians should be to give too, that if anything is too dear to us that we would not give it (because nothing is really "ours", God has placed us as stewards of it) then we have set it higher than God. Is there anything I have that I would not give to God, or one of His dear children in God's name? (If you give a cup of water in Jesus name, you have given Jesus a cup of water) It gave me much pause to think on this...I looked around my house, looking on all of the little things I love. I was willing to give them all, surely if the Lord asked me too, that someone else needed it more, I would give it to them, if it would bring them joy I would give it to them. In my mind I opened my closet looking on my favorite's--there on a hanger hangs my favorite dress. It is too small for me now, (though I am working to fit into it) and my heart caught at the thought of giving it away. It has beautiful beads over the bodice, a long flowing soft skirt--a ballgown almost. Gorgeous. Though my heart caught, and it almost hurt my flesh to think of parting with it, I realized I would give it too.
It is almost as if God laughed, and said you don't have to. I smiled.
I am not saying this to say that we have to give everything away, live in destution--not at all. The Lord wants to bless us I fully belive. "You have not because you ask not." I was just thinking how we had to be willing to give it all away...
Anyway, just sort of pondering on this new revelation and thought I would share with my dear friends in Christ. I'm sure I have not came to the full realization or depth of it, but wanted to share it nonetheless. May you all be blessed today :) Have a wonderful weekend, Caitlin Lorraine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)