CureZone   Log On   Join
COD and OCD

lora26 Views: 1,642
Published: 18 years ago

COD and OCD

hello, i'm new here i just had another fight with my mother about my weight and needed someone to talk to and i'm too embarassed to tell any of my skinny friends about COD i don't think they'd be of much help.OK, so i'm 18, i'm about 12 stone and according to my doctor i should be about 9 1/2.yeah....... except i can't.I mean i've been reading some of the posts here but for me it isn't exactly like that. i can certainly see that the emotional part is a big factor but me, i overeat whether i'm happy/satisfied or really sad/upset, the only time i don't overeat is when i'm in a hurry and of course when others are present.i've been to dieticians and stuff and have managed to lose 2 stone twice but then of course gained it all again.I really don't know what to do, i know what is healthy to eat, i understand and have felt how good it is to eat healthily, to be able to fit in nice clothes and to not be called names in the street but it's always indulgence to pleasure and then compulsive overeating that takes over.i'm currently on a diet ... again and i have lost a couple of kilos but i know that even if i do manage to get down to 10 stone (which is very difficult since my COD is now more out of control than ever)i will go back to 12 st in no time.what can i do?are there any drugs i could take?I also have ocd (those 3 letters c,d,o, really hunt me) and there have been times when i have had to eat a certain number of biscuits for example or my brother would get hurt, but most times i don't feel a connection between ocd and cod although i assume there must be one.do you know anything about it?what would you suggest me to do?i've done some reading on the subject of ocd and cod and most times it is said that people should ask the help of a professional but i really don't want to go to a psychiatrist, or tell my mother why i should go and most of all i certainly can't afford one.and in my country there are no organised groups like overeaters anonymous or even weight watchers or anything that i could attend.that's why i've come to this forum.hoping i can find friends, advisers, supporters.that's all.thanks for reading

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.090 sec, (2)